Bunpro Mobile Apps

I can also confirm that the ios notification says there are more reviews than there actually are.

2 Likes

After I did all of my reviews, it tells me there is still 1 review available. Also the notification badge shows the number 1. However when I tap to open, it just loads forever (ā€œLoading reviews!ā€). At the same time, the web app tells me there are 0 reviews available.

(Itā€™s not the first time this happened to me. Iā€™m using the iOS version.)

Edit: I just did a manual API request to confirm. It also returns the number 0 while the mobile app still says 1.

1 Like

I had the same problem. Then I saw, there was an update in testflight. Cause ā€œupdateā€ didnt change anything, I deleted my version and installed the newest one. Tadaaaa it works no more ā€œleft overā€ reviews.

Still, I get the ā€œ you have xx (put here the number of all your open reviews) reviewsā€ instead of the real number.

1 Like

iPhone app says ā€œbuild removedā€, anyone know what this means? Havenā€™t been able to access the mobile app for months and itā€™s my primary way to review.

I think my test flight version expired, perhaps? Is there anyway to get back into the test?

Did you try the link in the opening post?

? I used searching testflight in Appstore (now I use testflight to look for bunpro updates because there ist no updating with Appstore)
From time to time I delete testflight and install it new - so it doesnt expire

We switched from one app build to a completely different one which is why the old one expired. You can get a new invite here: https://testflight.apple.com/join/jx9i7aPp

3 Likes

I assume all feedback for the iOS app goes here. Iā€™ve been using it for <1week, here are the main issues Iā€™ve had. (iPhone 6, iOS 12.1.2)

• As others have said, the number of reviews in notifications on the lock screen are much greater than the actual number, though the number in the app badge is generally correct.

• Account settings cannot be changed from within the app, trying to change them results in them immediately reverting.

• Reading links do not work at all, to open them I have to copy the link and manually open in a browser. This actually feels like the biggest problem to me.

I really appreciate having the app in general, even though the notifications have the wrong number theyā€™re really useful to have, and thanks for having the open beta of the app!

1 Like

The android app stopped working for me after a few minutes. Clearing the cache didnā€™t help.

Yeah itā€™s a pain, it happens a lot to me tooā€¦ :frowning_face:
Please Bunpro, find someone who can help you with the android app.

I was hesitant to buy a lifetime sub, bought it after weā€™ve been told there would be an android app. So far it has been buggy and unstable and made me abandon my reviews, since I prefer to do them anytime I have to wait at work, just like my wanikani.
Even though I love bunpro and the features you keep adding to it, and it helped me tremendously with my Japanese, I feel abandoned as an android user :frowning:
I hope Iā€™m not the only one.

3 Likes

@Pushindawood The review view on the iPhone app cuts off the right side a bit.

1 Like

Hey @Sanshi - I had the same concerns you did, but I found that simply using Bunpro via Chrome on Android works pretty awesome (and Chrome has the option to ā€œAdd to Home Screenā€ in the drop down menu, so itā€™s accessible with a single tap like an app would be - it even shows a Bunpro icon). I know itā€™s not EXACTLY the same as a dedicated app, but Bunpro is streamlined enough that I never really notice the difference.

2 Likes

Reinstalling had helped me too, but then after some time another batch of left over reviews appeared (3 items). Again, had to reinstall the app and they were gone.

Yes, that one is definitely not fixed.

@Rion Any chance you will release a new update on TestFlight before the current build expires?

Yes, there are a few bug fixes in the pipeline.
The wrong reviews count bug i still havenā€™t figured out however. i had it once, but never since than and havenā€™t been able to reproduce it since. Makes it hard to fix :confused:

I suspect that it is some kind of dandling review that was not saved correctly after finishing it.

1 Like

Of course, if you canā€™t reproduce the bug, itā€™s difficult to fix. Is there any way we could provide you with detailed log information?

1 Like

Iā€˜m thinking of adding some logs to find out about such problemens.
Iā€™ll probably add an option in the settings to send some logs, but thatā€™s a privacy concern, so Iā€™ll have to be really really careful with logs here.

3 Likes

Just a note that the current iOS TestFlight build expires in 5 days. After that it will become unusable.

Is there any update planned before then?

2 Likes

Or like, a released version.

@onimitch We have just released a new build via TestFlight. Cheers!

@seanblue Working on it! :sweat_smile:

1 Like