Bunpro Book club (Intermediate)

I’m in as well!
My suggestion/what I just started reading last week is:
宇宙の声 星新一ジュブナイル・セレクション
Hoshi Shinichi is famous for his ショートショート SF stories. It’s nice because you can sit down with a limited amount of time and read an entire story. I think there are 23 stories and each takes me around 15~30 minutes to read!

5 Likes

I’m up for pushing my boundaries by joining this one. I’m working through N3 now but have read a couple of easier books already so I think this would be a great way to push forward! Super Cub looks very cool to me and I would second that book.

2 Likes

Ooh! That sounds fun. I vote to read this too :blush:.

2 Likes

I like this idea as well. Just happens to be my favorite Shinkai film!!

2 Likes

I’m planning to participate. Looking forward to the selection.

2 Likes

I love reading, i’m in!
How will we be discussing? Exclusively through the forums?

2 Likes

Probably exclusively through the forums to begin with. We may move the convos to Discord in the future if the book clubs become popular, but the forums might be a better option for now as it’s a bit easier to keep the conversations related to the material.

4 Likes

I want to try participating in this level too! I should be able to keep up and it’s going to be a good way to really drill some grammar.

2 Likes

Another suggestion: The Never Ending Story/ はてしない物語

はてしない物語

4 Likes

I’m In!

2 Likes

I’m definitely interested.

Might I suggest Kikis Delivery Service as a possible option, here is it’s natively link:

https://learnnatively.com/book/a93506cde2/

5 Likes

I’ve been trying to read LN 安達としまむら in the hopes that simple school setting will make it more approachable. But still struggling with kanji quite a bit (according to JPDB it uses 2100 kanji).

Very curious to see what this club decides to go with, and will try to join as well!

3 Likes

I’m in!

4 Likes

I’m in! I hover weirdly between upper beginner to full intermediate because of my background, and I’d like the challenge of reading through an intermediate book.

My suggestion is the first book of the 化物語 series! It has a vocab deck on JPBD and such a long beloved light novel property (I think it has an anime too?), would love to dive in with others

3 Likes

Oh I like that idea. personally 君の名は sounds interesting as I just watched that movie with my wife the other day in japanese. maybe watching the movie will help me understand what is actually going on as well.

4 Likes

I’d love to join!!

4 Likes

I think that would be more suited towards the advanced level? If its what I’m thinking it is, there an infamous amount of challenging and uncommon kanji and vocabulary

3 Likes

I’m in

3 Likes

I’m in!

3 Likes

I will add this one to the list of suggestions for the advanced level! There are quite a few advanced grammar points and difficult kanji from what I saw at first glance.

3 Likes