Bunpro Book Club (Various levels)

In regards to pirating, yes we will not be condoning the use of any pirated material. Once books are decided upon, I will try to include a few links to where users can legally purchase the book (usually Kobo, Amazon, or Bookwalker), or in some cases legally read for free, considering that a lot of light novels start as web novels, and the web novel version is often archived on a web novel community page where authors get their start).

However in saying that, I am not going to be forcing people to send me their receipts of purchase before joining the read along.

4 Likes

But this requires removing the DRM? I remember reading somewhere that lately Amazon has made it difficult to do that for the titles released after a certain date (not sure since when). But if it still works that would be great.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know the technical details but I use Calibre plus some add on I downloaded from github and it can convert the azw3 files to epub (or whatever else) just fine. The most recently released book I have used this with came out in the summer of last year so if anything changed then it presumably happened after that.

1 Like

Calibre combined with KindleUnpack, and DeDRMTools are the addons that I believe most people use so that they can read their books on any device. DeDRM removes the DRM by checking the book was purchased upon importing into Calibre, and KindleUnpack extracts all images etc into an external folder in the case of manga etc. For light novels, usually just converting the imported azw3 to an epub is enough to make everything display correctly.

4 Likes

This was just the kick start I needed to start reading in Japanese!

3 Likes

Yeah, WK and BP! Thatā€™s my Duo lingo :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Oh! I like the squiggle books! Especially the ones with cartoons inside! I donā€™t know why they accidentally print them backwards though! -.-"

Someone please kindly inform me of what book to buy for the beginner. I could probably do above beginner but I am very busy often so I would prefer to go on easy street.

4 Likes

Thereā€™s a separate thread for each level. Weā€™re still in the ā€˜taking suggestions for booksā€™ stage. I think @Asher is going to put up a poll with the suggestions on Friday so we can decide what book to read first.

4 Likes