Bunpro Review Mistakes

When I’m doing reviews many times I get my first try wrong but, since the reviews remains on the same item, I get it right after the second or third try.
But even getting it wrong doesn’t make Bunpro consider the review wrong, and i’m leveled up on that item.
Is there any way that I can configure to make Bunpro consider the item wrong even on the first try? It would help me a lot.
Thanks

2 Likes

Solution: Don’t hit backspace. :slightly_smiling_face: After you get an answer wrong, hit enter and it’ll accept it as “wrong” and give you the question again at the end of your current review session. Depending on your ghost settings, it may also generate a ghost (extra reviews that “haunt” you).

The idea of backspace is to help you if you made a typo but you really knew the answer.

4 Likes

Btw, this thread might also be interesting for you:
SRS elements of Bunpro poorly implemented? - #19 by FredKore

3 Likes

Backspace is an “undo” button, and should ideally only be used sparingly (maybe you made an honest typo, misread the sentence, or didn’t check the nuance, etc.). For reviews that you genuinely didn’t know the answer to, you should hit “enter” to advance to the next review while your answer is still colored red.

4 Likes

@Kai @FredKore maybe I’m reading this wrong, but I don’t think @guiljb is pressing backspace. I think the point is that the same grammar point tends to come up many times in a row. For example if you have 4 ghosts for one grammar point, they will generally be clustered together during the review stage. Is that what you mean @guiljb ?

4 Likes

Hey! Do you mean when going through the “Study” and learning new material?

1 Like

No, not on the review right after your learn the item, but on the reviews after that.
I guess the hint to press enter, to mark it wrong, instead of entering backspace until I got it right, has done the trick for me.

4 Likes