Grammar lesson

Whoa. I like flowcharts but at this point, I don’t even distinguish between godan and ichidan verbs. [Was I supposed to?*1] The song provided in the link above (and here (66) Your New Favorite TE FORM Song | て形の歌 - YouTube) has been extremely helpful though as it allows me to recall the rules faster and I’m still singing it three days in a row.
*1 - What I meant by not distinguishing between godan vs ichidan is that I don’t even recall what those words mean. Looked them up again and yes, I do distinguish between eru/iru vs aru/oru/uru but I personally don’t call them godan or ichidan. Thought I should clarify that before someone says something. LOL.

3 Likes

Hi there, I’m glad you’re enjoying the cram so far. Regarding いけない and ならない, they’re both Standard as they both use the ない ender instead of the ません ender. The primary way to tell these apart would be the tense tag ‘Literary’. If you see any sentences that use the ならない or なりません and they don’t have the ‘Literary’ tag, feel free to send in a feedback or even just tag me here and I’ll take a look. They should all have them by this point, but sometimes things happen.

1 Like