How long did it take you to do all N2 grammar in bunpro?

You are still smarter than me. I have 33 added in one day xD Will take some time to work that out…

It’s one of those things you end up looking back on fondly, not remembering how much hassle it was at the time. It almost makes me want to begin another language.

3 Likes

hmm… sunk cost fallacy (and this time is not even fallacy…) is not working on you? I got already 240h in anki alone. It would be waste to give up now xD

But to be honest I put Bunpro as additional work to do, so I don’t worry much. I did not touch pretty much at all for a week since I was focus on other stuff. I will recover from that somehow… I guess…

So it does not bother me too much. Anki problem bothers me more…

No. I mean the messy beginning stages of starting japanese are nostalgic so it’s tempting to start another one on top of japanese just for that early period again. Like people who forget how uncompfortable pregnancy and child birth was and want to do it again.

3 Likes

a! I get you now, sorry. I was thinking that I am the only one enjoying this wild ride so I could not get it xD

I recommend Chinese then. Very easy if you know kanji. Sentences are like: I, tomorrow, go, direction, doctor, probably.

Very easy. Tones are pretty much the only thing is stopping me… It would be hard choice: Japanese or Chinese

Really depends what your kanji and basic understanding is of Japanese. My first time through the course was 3 grammar points per day (I knew almost no kanji at this stage). However on an alternate account that I am using at the moment, I have done over 300 points in 40ish days (not clicking I know on anything). So, I would say kanji is the big limiter. If your kanji knowledge is strong, you will probably fly through things at 5 grammar points a day. If not, drop it back.

If you are getting lots of things wrong, review WHY you are getting it wrong. Is it lack of knowledge? Or are you simply picking the wrong nuance? If it is lack of knowledge then it is a dead giveaway that you are learning too fast, as your brain isn’t absorbing the underlying meaning that will help in reviews. Also, yes, minimal ghost reviews is the best setting. I wouldn’t turn it off completely. 40 to 50 days for all of N2 should be no issue (depending on your current reading level)

2 Likes

I can attest to Asher’s views with my own experience. He just explain why I am under the impression than this grammar point stuff is much easier that people say 0_o I believe I got some basic understanding of structure of the language (from Cure Dolly and Tae Kim) and I love kanji so from the start I was putting 80%ish if my time on them.

Now it makes much more sense :hugs:

1 Like

I am not saying grammar is easy. Please do not put words in my mouth. You can extract whatever you like from what I said, but that doesn’t mean they are my views. Japanese is hard, Japanese grammar is hard. The only reason I am going through it fast now is because I have a lot more experience this time, and I can read a heck of a lot faster.

My point was that speed will be related to current ability to understand what you are reading (on a grammatical AND sentence level). That’s all.

2 Likes

I don’t as well

When I say “English spelling is hard as hell, but easier than just random letters” I don’t make a claim English spelling is easy. It is easier than x. (“to me” obviously since it is judgement call not objective statement. opinion vs fact)

But since you are native and very experience in the english language I will assume I used some confusing structure. Please have my apology.

What should I do to avoid this kind of misunderstanding in the future?

I am busy today so sorry, but I have no time to work on my delivery today. Please believe me I do my best to solve this misunderstanding in polite way.

I am referring to this two sentences alone. Just to make it as clear as possible, that I am not replying to the rest since the base for it is not valid in my opinion. In other words: beyond this problem.

Edit: I somehow feel it is necessary to add for some reason: I am obviously not offend nor upset. If we would have started stoning people that are most often misreading somebody else I would probably die first… So it is in my best interest to establish a rule that it is ok, as long we are civil about it :joy:

Prove of that attitude from this thread: