I cannot remember anything!

Just my 2 cents, but the lack of mnemonics is my problem. In the review I can easily figure out the answer ie the equivalent in English but no way I remember its pronunciation.

Have you thought about creating your own mnemonics to help out? Grammar is iffy because there’s a ton of nuances, a lot of the time you really need to see it in the wild to grasp it. Although with grammar points that stem from kanji (終わる for example) you could always use the mnemonics for that to help you along, just don’t rely on it too much since a lot of the points are written in kana only.

Try your hand at making a few mnemonics yourself though! They’re probably going to be silly as hell but that’s what makes it fun. One of the first times I tried it myself for grammar was the point ので, where I wrote in the notes section “SINCE/BECAUSE i started studying japanese i’ve had NO DAYs off” This is obviously stupid but I’ve never forgotten it since writing that. Can’t do it for every point but if you can make it work then I say go ahead and give 'er a try!

5 Likes