I did it! One year streak

I mean what was your Japanese ability level? Did you start from scratch or had a good foundation?

4 Likes

Is there a badge for two years?

4 Likes

Not for two consecutive years but there are anniversary badges for each year you’re on.

4 Likes

I had a good foundation but this still fixed so many grammatical issues I had!

2 Likes

Haha I hope so

2 Likes

Congratulations!

3 Likes

Well done!These kinds of posts are very motivational. A big achievement to climb that mountain; I’m there at the bottom, if you squint you can see me waving! Thats right the one that is fighting てあげる and てくれる ghosts!

4 Likes

Congratulations! So there is an achievement on 365 days? I was kind of disappointed that 300 days did not have one. I am currently on 311 now, had a 150 streak before that but lost it due to one day I had an exam :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

more badges, more achievements, helps to grease the motivational wheel!

5 Likes

^^ I can feel your pain … I had so much trouble to understand the difference until I found this post てあげる - Grammar Discussion - #12 by Pep95

5 Likes

The streak badges end at 200 days.

3 Likes

What a coincidence I also just hit a year streak. Congrats!

2021_09_14_13_41_00_Dashboard_Japanese_Grammar_SRS_and_16_more_pages_Personal_Microsoft_Edge

6 Likes

You did a lot; that’s amazing!

Sincere question: how many of the readings do you do as you add items? I always read all the Bunpro examples and read at least one of the offsite articles every time I add an item. But my progress has been slow because that takes a lot of time. I just ask because I think my own workflow might not be efficient.

2 Likes

I’ll let OP answer themselves, but for me I add 2 points every Monday through Friday. If I find the reviews picking up too much (since I have ghosts, usually this is the 100+ number) then I’ll back off for a day or two. I would probably get slightly higher percentage on reviews if I did 1/day but then it’d take forever to finish.

Always interesting to hear how other people study here and what their methods are!

3 Likes

You know so much! Good job don’t forget to be proud of yourself a little bit :slight_smile: (not optional)

2 Likes

Okay, what is the badge being displayed in the post then?

1 Like

Not sure but I’m on 1020 and haven’t received anything higher than 200 so I just assumed it didn’t exist. Maybe it’s new and didn’t exist when I reached a year.

2 Likes

This is impressive. To know that in one year you can pretty much get all the grammar you need up to N2, I’m hoping to get to that point soon!

Do you find that learning vocab is much easier now? I’m hoping that, once I get N2 grammar under my belt, it will make comprehension much simpler and learning vocab simpler too.

1 Like

@Arba79
Yahooooooooooooooooooooo!

Nothing makes us happier than hearing about our users making progress :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, Arba has the 365 streak badge equipped - maybe give an admin a poke to enable it for you. I seem to remember someone else having this same issue at some point… I got mine automatically, but then I only hit it just over 200 days ago.

2 Likes