Limiting reviews per day

you can do “oops” if you get a ghost review wrong. you’ll still learn it (probably) since you see it like 7 times before it’s gone. and that’s for each main srs stage…

1 Like

Thank you, yes I think my current approach is more “sustainable”.

I had a pretty good grasp of N5 grammar so I could speed through it but now on N4 I think 6 is a realistic number.

I have noticed my main mistakes dont come from “knowing what grammar should be used” but on errors in my conjugation. Some lessons are very clear on how to conjugate verbs vs nouns vs I vs NA, but some others I see conjugations that I really dont understand. Like the “か” in かったら (why?)

2 Likes

Only thing I would say would be for instances like that, feel free to ask a question in the discussion thread. If you have a question, chances are someone else has it too and might not think to speak up and ask. If it’s something super helpful, maybe the writeups themselves may have some stuff added to it to help explain certain nuances.

But yeah, N4 could be really brutal at times tbh. A lot of N5 is memorization based or just some key points, but the difficulty change is certainly there. Many times I felt like slamming my head against the keyboard during reviews, but that could be said for most levels too :joy:

3 Likes

Thanks, what would be the “discussion thread”? Is there a thread for each grammar point or a general one?

Sorry for the multiple questions.

2 Likes

Yeah! At the bottom of each grammar page you’ll see “Ask a question!” which will link you to the discussion thread pertaining to that exact one. Oftentimes you’ll find some reallllllly useful questions and explanations by the admins here. On the main Community/Forum page, you should see it on the left-hand side in an orange tab called Grammar Points. If I remember correctly one of those forums is hidden by default, so you may need to do some digging and un-hide it or something but I honestly can’t remember it’s been so long since I’ve done it.

Hope that helps!

5 Likes

Thank you, I had not seen that “Ask a question” link before. Checking them out now.

2 Likes

That’s what I do yes, might be nice to have such a system implemented, script or otherwise