Lost my streak!

I swear I did my reviews yesterday but for some reason my streak has disappeared … Has this happened to anyone else? I’m at a loss here …

1 Like

Just a standard check in case it’s this: you haven’t changed timezone, have you?
And the timezone on BunPro is correct?
If so, on the “stats” page, does it definitely say 0 for yesterday?

The staff may be able to help restore your streak in some instances!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if the bunpro team is already rested enough do to another round of pushups. I think the last 700+ did them in.

Maybe add a button that lets you extend a lost streak once a year. Otherwise I’m gonna open a fitness studio next to your office.
Where was it again, Osaka? ( I think bunpro does allow remote work though, not sure who would show up!)

1 Like

I’ve mentioned adding this almost a year ago and they’ve yet to add anything. Unfortunately, life happens, not every day can be spent studying whether it’s because of our surroundings or just your motivation for that day.

2 Likes

There’s a vacation mode that should help with those days.

1 Like

The grace period / streak wildcards were a hot topic of discussion with mixed opinions, some for, some against, and I don’t think they really got anywhere.

I could see the reasoning if there was a very strict policy around this, but if the staff is going to restore them when asked, I don’t really see the point to why not to add it as a feature, and not having to make the staff do the push ups every time someone requests them in the forums.

In any case, you might want to mention what was your streak that you lost if you want it reinstanted and @Jake or someone at the team can restore it.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think something such as if you have X number of days in a row you get one grace day. Perhaps after 30 days or something akin to that. Exact mechanics could be different, though generally something like that would be nice. Also a cap of one grace grace, they don’t accumulate.

1 Like

I agree with the # days in a row to have a chance to get a grace day. I lost my 200 streak yesterday because my puppy started having cluster seizures. It was a very rough day and night. I didn’t even remember Bunpro when I have usually done so. It demotivates me to have lost that streak, also knowing it was not my own forgetfulness nor carelessness. A medical emergency can happen, sometimes you just need a break and a grace day after a number of days , one every 100 or something fair, in a row helps to ease the pain after already a difficult day.

2 Likes

You can go to settings and manually set your streak number back to 200, if you believe that is the just amount for you :+1:

4 Likes

Thank you! It didn’t know Bunpro had that feature enabled… such a relief! :relieved:

3 Likes

Happened to me some weeks ago. Had like 800 days straight…

Didn’t to anything special, even when traveling to far places I always did a check within the 24 hour period.

1 Like

I’ve found if I don’t press ‘end session’ and just × the window, sometimes it shows up on the ‘reviews done’ graph, but brakes my streak
I Like Anki’s “percent of days studied over the past 365 days” over a streak counter myself.