N5/4 Voice actress

Hey, does anyone know the name of the voice actress currently being used for the N5/4 example sentences? Or have they opted to stay anonymous?

Thanks!

Not sure, but she talks waaay to fast.

2 Likes

I would rather have some random dude off the street who doesn’t even know hiragana read out the sentences vs. someone who speaks far too fast for any beginner to get anything remotely useful from it.

There will be updates to the recordings for N5/N4, they’re being done by volunteers.

All of N2 is finished now! We are planning on going back and doing N4 before N1, seeing as though there are lots more users on that level currently.

Speed controls have also been requested, but not sure if that’s still on the table.

1 Like

Don’t know, I’m fine with N5/4 speaking speed. You have to get used to fast speech; it’s for your own good. In N5 at the first I used “Slow” button sometimes, but now I don’t remember when I hit it last time (I’m still doing N4).
Most importantly, all words sounds pretty clear, without any ambiguous sounds you can often hear in the native immersion content.

8 Likes

I had seen that some people dislike the VA. Which is totally valid.

However I was just creating this thread as personally I really like their voice and was curios to see what other work they had done.

Based on looking around the website there doesn’t seem to be any crediting for it.

2 Likes