New Android App! - Bunpro SRS

That is definitely something we can consider. I need to release a new API version and better docs before that can happen though :-s

8 Likes

This is a great idea BTW, canā€™t believe I never utilized this until today. I just changed the link so mine goes to my Kitsunā€™s Jisho page for the same feature, super easy.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s great to hear at least, I hope you do!

I would say not to feel too much pressure to have some quality documentation or worries about people wasting time on an old API in regards to opening up the source to this app. Itā€™s not like it would be hundreds of people potentially contributing to the code for it to be a big issue, just a handful of resourceful people like myself who donā€™t mind lack of documentation or having to update things to a newer API later.

Not to mention itā€™s mainly minor fixes to the existing code people most want right now that would be done and contributors could hold off on any major revisions until you feel documentation and the new API is ready.

Just my two cents, thanks for the consideration!

5 Likes

just wondering is there an option to enable new review notifications or is that feature planned for the future

2 Likes

Yes please. My only hangup over bunpro is the lack of a quality android app. Iā€™d love to fix that myself lol

3 Likes

Just wanted to add my +1. I want to buy a lifetime membership but the Android app is really making me hesitate. Is the app up on Github yet and open for contributions?

2 Likes

ē§ć‚‚ Bunpro looks to tick all the boxes for me to fix my grammar deficiency except for the offline android (or iOS) ability. However I also recognise that itā€™s hard adding all these wonderful features when youā€™ve got no money. Iā€™m testing Bunpro now and if I like it Iā€™ll buy the lifetime subscription in the next week or so.