Selectable Haru's voice for grammar points?

We actually had been discussing this within the team and the main issue is that we are often making changes to sentences here and there and because we will only be rerecording the one audio, the coverage will slowly decrease until only a few of the original sentences remain unchanged.

Even now, the coverage is already down because we adjusted a lot of sentences before doing these new recordings.

From a long time user’s perspective, I can understand why that is probably not the end of the world, but for new users who come across it, they would have no idea why only some sentences seem to have an alternate voice and others don’t.

9 Likes

hush hush they will probably not care too much.

And I think people who would like to have an option to select Haru’s voice will be cool with the voice/text discrepancy. It even presents a challenge of sorts, to figure out the change. It can come with a little disclaimer, similar to the one when, say, there’s only a male recording and you’re trying to select the female one. I speak for myself here but…

4 Likes

+++1 to @BoxerDanc suggestion! お願い致します!

3 Likes

ラストチャンスかもしれませんが…
はるなさんの 「録音記念庫」 を建てることができますか。
:bowing_man:t2::pray: 御願い致します :pray: :bowing_man:t2:

5 Likes

I think it’s just the 2 of us, Pablo-san…

3 Likes

そうですよね… :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Three!

4 Likes

Four, and probably a lot more

5 Likes

Cheeky number 5 here :blush:

4 Likes

みなさん私の録音に対して、優しいお言葉ありがとうございます :relaxed: 自分の声を録音で聞くって変な感覚で、私はそこまで自分の声が好きではなかったのですが、気に入って聞いてくださった方もいたと知って、とっても嬉しい気持ちです :relieved: :relaxed: :white_heart: 文法セクションの録音に関しては どうなるか分かりませんが、日記は恐らく消されずに ずっと残ると思うので、そこで聞いていただければ幸いです。約束は出来ませんが、日記の方には、たまに戻ってくることも あるかもしれません :tulip: :white_heart:

16 Likes

はるさん、このトピックに来てくださって嬉しい!本当に優しくて癒されるお声ですよね。はるさんの声が文法から消えてしまってから、文法の勉強のモチベーションがすごく下がってしまいました。もし、たまにでいいので日記のトピックに顔を出してくださったら、ここのみんな喜ぶと思います!:cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

+1 ^^

4 Likes

+1

Is there a link still existing for this? Or was it never done in the end? I’d be interested.

4 Likes

Could put Haruna’s voice on the shop for B-points lol

7 Likes

A year and a half later and I’m still using Bunpro in silence. I gave the new recordings another shot today and still find them completely unusable. At least for most of the ones I got, it sounds like the voice actor is speaking as neutrally as possible, but their voice is just not neutral. Even putting my personal preferences aside, I feel like their voice is objectively the kind of voice that would be loved by some and hated by some rather than generally acceptable for almost everyone. For language learning example sentences, I think almost anything else would be better. I’m sure they’re very talented and their voice is the perfect fit for certain contexts, but just not this. Please.

4 Likes

I’m a bit confused. I started in the beginning of this year. There are this “standard” male and female voices plus from time to time some native speakers who recorded in front of a microphone with “lower quality”. You definitely hear that they are humans.
So, are these “standard” voices auto-generated voices (I guess so) or very very good quality recordings?

If they are auto-generated, is the pronunciation and pitch accent close to a native speaker (as much as auto-generated can be)? Recalling Duolingo pronunciation, it doesn’t sound as bad at all.

1 Like

They are not auto generated. Most of them are recorded by a professional voice actor with such surgical precision and high quality mic that it actually may sound as auto generated. Haruna’s voice was already removed from mostly everything way before you started. You can still listen to Haruna’s diary and Haruna’s short stories though.

1 Like

Ok, them I am really impressed by the quality and crispness of the voices!

Where can I listen to it?

1 Like

https://community.bunpro.jp/t/harunas-diary-japanese-reading-listening-practice/

https://community.bunpro.jp/t/harunas-short-story-reading-and-listening-practice/

This is THE voice.

Edit: removed the end part of the link which sends you to a specific section of the topic.

1 Like