Shelfstudy badge series

I was curious what you would have todo in order to achieve this series. I couldnt find an explanation unfortunately.

Thank you for every help in advance.

Qualified guesswork here, but I’d say that you have to create your own example sentences. If you go to any given grammar point, under the “Examples” tab, at the very bottom, you’ll see this:

Add 1000 sentences to achieve enlightenment :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yup, Mannelito is correct!

Thx for the answer, but for what exactly is this good for? Can you add self createt items into your reviews?

I havent tried it myself, but I’d assume you can add extra sentences that get weaved into your regular repetitions.

1 Like

I will make some and see if there come up in the reviews. Thanks for the effort.

Self study sentences get added to your reviews, yes. :slight_smile:

Yep, they get added to your reviews and have their own separate SRS pacing. You can’t get experience points from them, though. I don’t use this feature much, but this can be a good way to get extra practice with shaky grammar points. It’s surprisingly easy to get the hang of, too.

I personally would recommend typing in sentences that a native-speaking teacher has built and translated for you. Some great resources to harvest sentences from could be the Makino/Tsutsui Dictionaries of Basic/Intermediate/Advanced Japanese Grammar and Fundamentals of Japanese Grammar.

2 Likes

Have tested this and they immediately get added. Thank you for your recommendation.

Jumping on the thread, does the sentences we add are stored somewhere and visible to admins ? If so I’d personally be glad to add some sentences sometimes if it means helping adding some sentences and ultimately the user experience of new users.