UI/UX Update! August 5, 2020

Hello all!

We have modified some features to make Bunpro more accessible and to improve your overall experience.

We have changed the color of nuance hints, grammar notes, and other text that was originally orange to improve legibility when using Modern in your display settings.

Hints that appear in the answer blank now move to above the Japanese sentence when you start typing instead of disappearing.

Let us know what you think!

Cheers!

Edited for @Kai

19 Likes

These are great changes, thanks!! :smile:

I just have a super tiny nitpick (as always!): shouldn’t “literature” in the [formal・literature] hint instead say “literary?” Maybe I’m only thinking this because “formal” is an adjective, but it seems to me that adjectives are more appropriate here than nouns.

(If you’re careful/clever about it, maybe a simple Find → Replace could make this change site-wide for consistency? :stuck_out_tongue: )

PS: I like those green arrows. Much fancier than my MS Paint wizarding abilities!

2 Likes

@Kai I actually noticed the same thing after I posted these screenshots. These small hints usually just take keywords from the grammar notes ("[formal・literature]" might be shortened from “A formal grammar point, often found in literature” or something). However, you are absolutely right that adjectives would be much more appropriate for these types of hints. We will set about changing them.

:grin:

4 Likes

Great change!

I found myself often deleting all my input to see a hint again!

Thanks a lot!

3 Likes

great news. i tried to see if there will be any inconvenience and tried to open the furigana, this happened.

not a big deal but it doesn’t look good either. furigana and hint having a great time together :smirk:

4 Likes

Nice changes, I like it!

1 Like

Literally the best, thank you!!

1 Like

I like the changes! Could you make the font size a bit bigger though? Blue is still a little hard to read at a glance.