Update - 10/16

Thank you for your comments, I really appreciate the time and effort undertaken by you and the BP team. I thought I’m not that much of spoilsport, but in this case, I guess I am/was. Sorry.

The “nice guess” would work perfectly well for me in a live environment, where the teacher is in front of me and I know from their tone of voice exactly how it is to be perceived, but online schooling does have it’s limitations and here this sort of encouragement falls flat and might not do anything to lighten the mood, but enhance stress instead.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s probably how this phrase was last used with me at its business end in a teaching environment. :wink:

2 Likes

I completely agree. There are lots of things that are perfectly fine in spoken language that can be taken in many different ways when it comes to plain text.

3 Likes

Right, it’s just funny how language works that way. I don’t recall how often I’ve misread a text message on my phone because of that :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What’s funny is my wife was working on her reviews and sent me this and asked if she was “just chastised”. I think this one really IS snarky! :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Young woman?? Not young lady? :frowning_face_with_open_mouth:

3 Likes

Young man? Not young lord? :wink:
Young woman seems fine to me here. Just “woman” would be something else, but “young woman” sounds nice to me. “Lady” can also be demeaning by the way.

1 Like

Thank you for making me think of this song now :laughing:

1 Like

Oh man, I would’ve just loved that option to be there :wink:

3 Likes

Damn, @Megumin you got me with that one :joy: (I did not read the spoiler, shame on me) I was thoroughly convinced this was an option I just did not know about :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I see there’s demand for my Serious Mode™!

@Jake Also this link hasn’t been updated in a while, I’m guessing it has to be manually changed everytime there’s a new update post.

3 Likes

I see someone sneakly updated it

nope-leaving

4 Likes

Thanks for the reminder. I believe it was mentioned in another thread and I meant to do it but got distracted :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Yes, please. If you could also include a change for example sentences to being read by either of the late greats Mifune Toshiro or Takakura Ken, I’d not hesitate to pay extra. :crazy_face:

1 Like