When to Read manga and light novels

There is a paid app called Satori Reader with easy to moderate Stories and detailed explanation of grammar and vocabulary.
Some storeis have dozens of chapiters and tons of vocab.
You can add them in their SRS system for memorizing.
There is also possibility of listening to the dialogs (from real japanese actors).
You can syncronize it with your learning level at Wanikani so it doesn’t show furigana for the kanji you already know.
It’s a great app for reading.

2 Likes

Bought my first book in Japanese last week, found it impossible to understand … after using Morphman I discovered that I have 6k+ unknown word in the book, and I’m now depressed xD

I should buy a manga next time … like N5/N4 level :smiley:

1 Like

Keep it on your shelf and check the book again every so often! I find it so rewarding to look back on something you remember being impossible, and a few months later, it all-of-the-sudden looks much more doable!

I bought some books that I wanted to read right at the very start of my learning journey. Was completely impossible, couldn’t even tell where one word ended and another started because of my lack of grammar and Kanji knowledge. But over the years I looked back on them every few months and it went from impossible, to basically impossible, to very hard, to hard but maybe finally doable, etc, etc. Very satisfying and shows you that you really are making progress!

3 Likes