Why was my ~300 day streak broken after using vacation mode?

I had to ask them to give me the 365 manually a while back because it didn’t give it to me automatically when they added it.

Going strong at 428 now!

3 Likes

OOPS!!! :joy:

2 Likes

@Jake :ok_hand:

7 Likes

Not that this is particulary important, but for me, “Streak 10” is still inbetween “Exorcist III” and “Exorcist IV”. :thinking:
Probably ghostly antics. :ghost:

2 Likes

Au contraire, THIS IS AN EMERGENCY.

Try to remain calm. In the unlikely event that help isn’t rendered in the very near future, I recommend drafting and presenting a solution in MS Paint :+1:

4 Likes

PANIC
Alright, alright, a suggestion is required, got it, got it… How about this?

This perfectly symbolizes the mischievous nature of ghosts, and the order keeps the user on its toes, guaranteeing that they stay fully attentive, improving retention and review accuracy.

EDIT: Just so no ones confused: this is not a Screenshot, its just a fun edit :smiley:

6 Likes

Seems you’ve earned your streak badges out of order. Very impressive!

2 Likes

All solutions should be in Gimp… gheez! :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Then why does vacation mode have a note warning that my streak won’t be preserved?

(As it happens, my streak was preserved, so it’s apparently working the way you say it should. But regardless, the setting has a note claiming the opposite will happen!)

3 Likes

Seconding this!

I remembered this thread and so went to go put vacation mode whilst travelling Kansai over New Year, but then saw the warning and ended up just doing reviews every day of my vacation through fear of losing my 700+ days. Which I’m not complaining about, it was good to keep on top of it at the end of the day, but at the same time the YOU’RE GONNA LOSE YOUR STREAK MY GUY warning gave me a surprise.

Keeping with the theme of the heading:
I had vacation mode on while I was away for 5 days, then upon turning it back on tonight and immediately doing more reviews, I had lost my streak. I have used vacation mode a few times and never experienced this problem before, could I please get this rectified at some point.
Thank you!

Edit for attention: @Jake

Let’s meet in the middle and say people can keep their streaks when using vacation mode, but their streaks get a little asterisk next to them