こういうは本当に平和ぽいと思う〜

たまに日本語を書いたらもっと上手になるはず

2 Likes

Realizing it’s been 22 days since my last update

もう大学のキャンパスに帰った。

まだ新しい日常生活はおかしいだから、あんまりbpかwkを勉強しなかった、残念だけどね‥

とりあえず一歩一歩で進んでみたい

今週も僕は来るよ!

P.S. Maybe this won’t get as many likes, but I thought I’d practicing writing here since I haven’t been able to do much.

8 Likes

どもども!

本当に久しぶりだよね~

最近ユウチュウブを見てて、なんか別の活動をやりたくて、ブンプロを思い出したんだ。

アプリがすごく上手になったわ〜

実は今年6月、日本に行くつもりだ〜
行ったことがないから、ワクワクするん!

wwwいまのおかしい話し方以外は、たぶんブンプロに戻るかも

もっと日本語を習うほうがいい!

4 Likes

みんなさん、久しぶりだね~

夏休みもう終わったし、最近にブンプロを考えていたんだ…

ブンプロアップがどんどん上手くなってきたから、ここから始めるつもりだ。

そして、もし僕は文法が間違えたら、僕に教えてくれてください😊

8 Likes

you’ve been at this thread for a long time! its great to see you back and doing great with your reviews. A little a day really does seem to go a long way

5 Likes

@SoreWaMaichiru thank you so much for your reply!

I visited a friend today, and we were talking about daily life and the uncertainties of life problems (to put it succinctly) and they also said “take it one day at a time”

“Live a life you won’t regret”

Which I was like… Yea this applies to studying Japanese too!

Here’s my progress for today
Finished reviewing N5, and started reviewing N4.

それじゃ-

6 Likes

どもども~
また生き帰たww

今日N5の文法を練習した。

だんだん毎日毎日生きているんだとおもう。

それじゃあ

2 Likes

I don’t know why it’s so hard to click that review button, but I’ll consider some changes to make to my “learning Japanese journey”

Cue low-key stream of consciousness attempt

My current goal: be able to read through Bocchi Volume 1 in Japanese; I bought it from my local bookstore; I’ve seen season 1, which I think covers Volume 1.

Initially my goal was to be able to enjoy anime without subtitles; back then I watched Pokemon XY in the raw format because the subbed version wasn’t out yet. Three-ish years after I started studying Japanese, I could comfortably watch anime (but because the subbed episodes came out a lot faster and now I find it difficult to find raw anime without subtitles)

When I watch rom-com anime, I don’t really need subtitles, but it’s still uncomfortable. And it would be great to find a place to watch raw anime, like isekai for example (since I’m quite comfortable with the genre)

My current curriculum: low-key non-existent, I felt like maybe I’m tired of obscure grammar points that I don’t even know exist.
I read somewhere that it’s important when studying languages to do top-down but also bottom-up. Top-down being like studying Wanikani and Bunpro, from a list of 1000 most frequent characters and all that.
Bottom-up being like actually trying to read manga and the news and going to Japan/places where I need to read and speak and hear Japanese

What I was using: Wanikani, Bunpro, and Kaniwani

3 Likes

i highly recommend just picking up manga or VNs or LNs you want to read. Doesn’t matter if its hard, if you have at least n4 grammar and 2k or so words (less is fine too), its definitely possible. If reading manga, try https://bilingualmanga.net/ as you can use a mouse over dictionary such as yomichan or rikaikun to quickly check the definition of the words (the site has an inbuilt ocr which is very easy to use). Reading something you enjoy is definitely the key to improving, even if you understand little at first. Keep searching up the grammar as you come across it in manga or other forms of media and with yomichan, you can set it up so that you just click 1 button to make an anki card for that word too. Good luck!
BTW, here’s the link for Bocchi on bilingualmanga if you want it, ぼっち・ざ・ろっく! - Bilingual Manga

3 Likes

https://tokyotosho.org

2 Likes

On Crunchyroll / Netflix its possible to switch off the subtitles and watch things raw. Lots of Isekais on Cruncyroll. Some recent Jdramas are quite OK too. “Pending Train” on Netflix is not that bad for me… its hard but I get the main stuff.

2 Likes

Thank you to everyone who gave recommendations for manga and anime raws!

@SoreWaMaichiru This seems like a cool site but there’s many ads; I have ublock but don’t know which trackers to block so that it can load, otherwise the page doesn’t load for me. I tried Volume 1, Medaka Box and the Bocchi link you sent me.
Would you know how to deal with the ads or another alternative?

@HotAirGun Nyaa works great! Thank you for this.

@zerohbeat Nice to know that crunchyroll can disable subs; I don’t have Netflix, but I’ll look into JDramas as well~

And update
I got one review.

ok.
one small step

P.S. The extra XP is because I figured out that my Wanikani vocab was not syncing and then the XP came in because I didn’t want to do extra reviews here.

3 Likes

Huh. That’s strange. I’m using ublock origin extension on Chrome and have no ads at all-I’m not sure why it’s not for you unfortunately.

1 Like

ゴミ気がする

Briefly sub 200 though.

I pretty much know my N5 grammar, but N4 is a struggle.

3 Likes

Trying to start my day with Bunpro; back from traveling for a bit

1 Like

毎日、少しずつ
You only fail if you quit

7 Likes

I reviewed N5 grammar cards.
Seems like I got them down well. Something I am grateful for.

6 Likes

Progress update~ It seems I’m having trouble retaining information about N4; do y’all think I should cram all of N4 to remember or would that mess up the SRS?

On Bunpro, my focus continues to be to strengthen my knowledge of N4 grammar, and the idea grammarてきに would be to keep going until N1 Grammar.

On Wanikani, I’m focusing on kana-only words because I feel like I want to learn more kanji now, when I read manga, I usually don’t understand like 50% of the kanji, but I only don’t understand like 30% of the grammar. I’m still intimidated by the 800+ vocabulary to review on Wanikani.

I have been listening to more anime music and reading the lyrics to practice utilizing my Japanese in the real world

それじゃあ

4 Likes

Sorry misread your question and gave advice off of a misunderstanding.

1 Like

Struggling a bit with the N4 grammar; maybe I could practice reading it on NHK Easy News? I literally don’t remember seeing theses kinds of grammar points anywhere… but I want to review them because I supposedly have learned them before.

2 Likes