A list of some Youtube channels that might help you

Thanks!!

I can’t stand Japanese ammo voice for some reason :(. Her information is good but I just can’t listening her voice for more than 10 minute for some reason. I’m so sorry Misa.

2 Likes

Love the list, but … Where’s the Japanese Sesame Street Youtube channel? I use it daily to improve my listening. My vocab and grammar are good, but listening comprehension is were I struggle. They speak a bit slower in the video’s and they’re subtitled. It would highly recommend it. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

You might like these hukumusume - YouTube

1 Like

Thanks for the list! Here’s a couple more I know of:

Sarah Moon Japanese is good for beginners :slight_smile: She covers Genki 1 and is working on Genki 2.

Onomappu covers onomatopoeia with other topics.

Another one I know to add to the list:

Nihongo no Mori. This one has helped me greatly for JLPTs

2 Likes

Here are 5 more great Podcasts (please add them to the list)
JLPT Stories
Let’s Talk in Japanese! N5-N2 (scripts for some episodes are available on his website)
The teacher “Teppei Sensei” has 3 different podcasts covering different levels.
Nihongo Con Teppei for Beginners
Nihongo Con Teppei
Japanese with Teppei and Noriko

4 Likes

More channels added to the list!

1 Like

Great list, but I’m shocked ToKini Andy isn’t on here! I really enjoy his approach.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing, this looks awesome! Have you been going through Genki with these lessons?

I don’t have the book, but I’ve been following along with that playlist and it’s the first time a learning path really stuck for me. The example conversations he does as he introduces the concepts are brilliant, especially since you get a chance to try to figure out what they say before he shows the translation.

Awesome, thanks! This might be perfect for my wife since she wants to get the workbook.

Also, to add to the list, I’ve watched several of the videos on this playlist and they’re been really helpful. I like his approach.

Japanese 101 by Game Grammar

Game gengo could also be added.

1 Like

When I have some downtime, I watch some food cooking. Specifically リュウジのバズレシピ. It’s fun and you get to look at delicious food. Videos are just short enough to get some understanding out of them, and well, learning to cook is a side benefit

I agree. His channel isn’t really my thing, but can’t deny his passion and enthusiasm.

For beginners:
Cure Dolly

Advanced:
由来言語ラジオ

Japanese with Shun is a podcast I found on Spotify. It’s pretty good for beginners. The host uses mostly Genki 1 grammar and commonplace vocabulary. He’s also fluent in Japanese, and gives a Japanese → English wrap up of some key words every episode.

Edit: I’m a dummy. That’s already on the YouTube list. Well, I’ll leave this here for the description and alternative means of access.

1 Like

A few grammar focused play lists that you might find useful:

Sarah Moon - Japanese For Beginners (JLPT N5) Genki I
Sarah Moon - Intermediate Japanese (JLPT N4) Genki 2
NihonGoal - Japanese Grammar Lessons for JLPT N5 and N4
NihonGoal - Japanese Grammar Lessons for JLPT N3
Game Gengo - Genki series
Game Gengo - Grammar series
ToKini Andy - JLPT 5 Genki 1
ToKini Andy - JLPT 4 Genki 2
ToKini Andy - JLPT 3 Quartet 1
ToKini Andy - JLPT 2 Quartet 2

2 Likes

My favorite channel recently is this one. It is all in Japanese and not focused on learners, but for a news channel their speaking pace is actually really good and they cover a wide range of interesting global topics. I would recommend it for anyone around N3 or above that wants to challenge their listening in regard to newscasting without the blazing pace of typical news channels.

In general I find most of the topics they cover quite interesting!

Edit - If you really focus on the audio, you can hear so many of the grammar points that you’ll learn here on Bunpro in crystal clear pronunciation. It’s great if you want to test how well you can piece together sentences on the fly.

4 Likes

I think I didn’t see this one here but there is “The Bite Size Japanese Podcast”, each ep is a different topic, and they have japanese subtitles. You can use it with the Language Reactor extension for extra goodness.
She doesn’t speak super fast and the episodes are around 8-15min.

5 Likes

Posting this here cause I’m not sure if others have seen this new channel or not. He is really clever and I like his explanations.

Kaname Naito

10 Likes