A more nuclear approach to grammar points

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether it would be possible to split up some of the grammar points that have a lot of different meanings in the future?

This is coming from me repeatedly getting https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/395 wrong because the way it is structured is not really overseeable.

I have the same issue with grammar points that have different levels of politeness; I find myself stumbling upon a casual conversation in the wild where I have no idea what is being said and later on I find that I simply overread an “x can be redacted to y in casual conversation” in some grammar point which is really frustrating to me.

I know the site itself is in a beta phase as of now with JLPT N1 level grammar still being added but I believed I brought this issue up rather sooner than later, because I really love Bunpro.

I hope everyone is doing a well and an early Happy New Year 2021 to everyone, cheers!

5 Likes

Hey! Thank you for the feedback.

There are definitely a handful of grammar points that need to be broken up into smaller, more bite sized chunks. In general we try to break them down as much as possible but looking at the breakdown section of that one, it seems like it could probably be broken down further.

Please keep pointing these out if you see them, we will add them to our todo list :bowing_man:

4 Likes

While there are grammar points that could certainly be split up to make the meaning more approachable, there are also other grammar points that could simply use a different approach to the explanation given in the first place.

Just keep reporting stuff or posting on the forums when you come across them. Generally users will be able to break down the meanings for you, and then the devs can decide to edit the original grammar point if someone is able to explain something in a way that really clicks much better for everybody.

1 Like