Accidentally synced Wanikani Vocab

Hello,

I was playing around in settings, under “general”, “sync vocab”, and I accidentally clicked to “Sync Wanikani vocab”.

Although I understand the point of this feature, I didn’t really want a bunch of vocab to automatically go to level 12, as you can see in the image below.

Is there anyone that I can reverse this?

Thank you for your help!

2 Likes

Yeah, I have a similar issue after having linked my account to WaniKani. All the vocab was synced and now I have more than 1200 SRS12 items.

I also accidently made one vocab lesson and now I have also one vocab in my reviews.

It would be great to have the option to let the vocab part out of Bunpro if the user want to.

2 Likes

I didn’t know you could learn vocabulary on here? how do you do it? My dashboard has a vocab thing near grammar but I can’t see a way to learn vocabulary ?

3 Likes

Try the DECKS option at the top menu. Some decks are grammar only, some vocabulary only and others have both. You can also look up words in CONTENT > Vocab search.

1 Like

Are decks exclusive to the phone app? The closest thing I see to a “top menu” on desktop is clicking on Content, Paths, or my Profile, and none of these contain a Deck option

edit: Oh, I can just type it directly in the URL: Decks | Japanese Grammar SRS
That’s a lot of unexpected bonus value for my lifetime key!
still can’t find any button or link to access it though

You can, just click the remove from reviews button.

1 Like

The feature still seems to be in beta. If you set the Bunpro Beta dropdown to Opt In in the account settings, the “Decks” tab shows up at the top after “Paths”.

2 Likes

Wow sweet! I missed the whole Beta thing, thanks!

I haven’t thought of that.

It was just one review, so not very bothering, but now it is removed.

1 Like

I just got started here and I did the wanikani vocab sync and am now suddenly level 29. It seems like the original question was never answered here. I would rather go through the levels more naturally, so is there any way to reset the wanikani sync, along with the experience gained?

5 Likes

Hello, I have the same issue as above (accidentally synced, ended up level 31). I would like to cancel this and I haven’t find any way to do that.

1 Like

Same here, I would like to practice my wanikani vocabulary, but now it’s all “master”, still no way out?

This ^ was the answer you missed (not addressed to you haxzor). Again, simply reset the deck. Done!

If you don’t see the deck, enable the beta feature under preferences (also answered above).

Is there a way to do it for the entire deck? I see the button for the vocab

@Flash3001

You can reset full decks from here - Log in - Japanese Grammar Explained | Bunpro

It’s not the most obvious location for it - just make sure you select the correct deck!

1 Like

Thank you! That was very useful. I’ve reset my N4 Vocab using this approach now.

Previously I used some JavaScript to find all Remove From Review buttons and auto click on them so I didn’t have to do it one by one. Ran it once per page and it worked, but although the reviews were removed, the progress was still set so when I clicked on Add To Review for the ones I wanted I also had to click on “Reset”. Now everything works as expected.

1 Like