Add timezone or review count reset time as a user setting?

Would it be possible to let the user set their timezone or perhaps the time GMT each 24hr cycle that their review counter moves to the next day. For example, I am in JST timezone and today I did about 30 reviews in the morning, but because I did some last night, on my stats the number for Dec 29th is higher than what happened in real life. Also today it only says I did 2 reviews when I did more.

This is a very minor issue. Thanks for all the hard work to make Bunpro better and better.

4 Likes

Yep! That is on my lists of things to add to the site in the coming weeks!

8 Likes

Thanks! You’re the best.

2 Likes

Just lost my 60+ days streak because I did one of them in the morning instead of at night… Please add this feature T_T

3 Likes

FWIW, the studying habit itself is far more valuable than the streak :wink:

Edit:
By that I mean, streaks are good incentives to get us into a habit to start with, but they’re also a double-edged sword, because they can be demotivating if/when we lose said streak. They can also drive us to continue doing something that we don’t actually want to do anymore…
Anyway. Congratulations on your new(?) habit, streaks be damned! :grin:

3 Likes

@natsukagami I am sorry that I haven’t been able to implement the timezone function yet. I hope to get to it as the next thing on my list.

We actually have all of the data of when you did your reviews, so as long as you have been doing them once a day in your timezone, once the timezone setting is implemented, you will get your streak back! Who knows, you might even get some extra days. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wonderful! Thanks for the heads up <3

1 Like

Looking forward to this getting implemented – I just lost a 61 day streak :sob:

1 Like