Anime references

I’m starting to notice more and more anime references while going through the program (almost finished with N4) and I’m loving it. While grinding out reviews, they always give me a good chuckle and I think it really helps me remember the points. I just ran into this one, and I must say that whoever wrote this is clearly a person of culture
ひっき、まずいって知(し)ってるけど、このクッキーを たべてみてくれないか

11 Likes

Hey and welcome on the community forums :partying_face:

:wink:

We are glad you like them! :+1:

3 Likes

I’ve gotta be that guy and ask for the joke to be explained. Maybe I’m not a person of culture…

3 Likes

It’s from the anime “My teenage romantic comedy SNAFU” from the first 1 or 2 episodes, so you check it pretty quickly. As far as the person of culture thing, it’s just something people in the anime community say when you have similar tastes in anime.

3 Likes

i just got

お前はもうしんでいる。

in my reviews :smiley:

4 Likes

There’s another reference to that under とっくに :slight_smile:

1 Like

This made me laugh a good amount as well, when I first saw this :smiley:

1 Like

I was looking for this because I just had two references in a row.
First the one that was mentioned in the first post and then this one:

いかにもめぐにんらしい ね。最初さいしょ爆発ばくはつして質問しつもんあとだよ。

And this is not a reference, but at one point during reviews I put in an extra particle that was already given in the sentence and it didn’t get marked wrong, but I got this face instead as a “hint”.

(ಠ_ಠ)

I really like the humor here. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

I had been wondering that, ever since I had Ryuuji and Taiga (Toradora) as characters in one of my reviews. Definitely helps make the grammar points stick in my head!

Work at Bunpro is 50% your own role, 50% watching anime and finding creative ways of sneaking it into Bunpro itself. I’m currently writing a light novel about it.

“I Was Hired As A Designer But Now I Have To Binge Watch Anime?!”

Working title.

8 Likes

Sounds interesting, let us know when you’re finished!

I might have watched to much anime and I’m reading way into it, but that sentence could be a reference to clannad?

トモちゃんは女おんなだけど、おんならしくない

1 Like