New Grammar! - March 24, 2020

@monkeytunes

Done! We are always looking for ways to make grammar easier to understand for everyone and comments like yours help us do that. Cheers!

:heart::heart::heart:

@Kai Thank you for the nitpicks! We have reworded the additional information on the もらう page for clarity and added commas to the :warning:portion. We have also added the information about refraining from using あげる with your superiors. Thank you for reminding us!

This was actually done on purpose. Unless your are studying via the Genki II Path, then あげる, くれる and もらう will not appear one after the other in Bunpro Lessons. We did this so that you could focus on each one individually before moving on to the next one in the following lesson. :slightly_smiling_face: Since review sentences build upon grammar that you have previously learned, we also did not want to include grammar that you had not yet seen or had time to study. Cheers!

4 Likes

For くれる I noticed all example sentences except the last were literal 私に but doesn’t necessarily need an indirect object if obvious. Yet the もらう examples made note of the optional topic/subject (if obvious) for every example. Was there any reason for this?

Will we assume to see the rest of the grammar family in N4?

やる・さしあげる・いただく・くださる

2 Likes

Hey! :grin:

For くれる I noticed all example sentences except the last were literal 私に but doesn’t necessarily need an indirect object if obvious. Yet the もらう examples made note of the optional topic/subject (if obvious) for every example. Was there any reason for this?

There is no real reason for that. I will change examples in くれる immediately.

Will we assume to see the rest of the grammar family in N4?

やる・さしあげる・いただく・くださる

Of course :grin::+1:

4 Likes

These hints are definitely an improvement, but there’s no need for a specific number in the hint IMO (unless removing this number makes the grammar point ambiguous again).

Also,

I think these numbers should change to reflect the new update, right? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

I came across the word I was looking for here, although it’s a noun: 目下 (めした)
Conversly, there is also 上目 (うわめ).

3 Likes

April 18, 2019

The third batch of new grammar is here! The newly added grammar consists of 5 grammar points from Tobira and are as follows:

でできる・からできる - Tobira Chapter 1, Page 17・Bunpro N4, Lesson 5

Particle(s) + の - Tobira Chapter 1, Page 18・Bunpro N3, Lesson 1

が見られる - Tobira Chapter 2, Page 46・Bunpro N4, Lesson 6

また ~ も - Tobira Chapter 2, Page 47・Bunpro N3, Lesson 6

Counter + か - Tobira Chapter 2, Page 48・Bunpro N4, Lesson 8

Oh, and N1, Lesson 1 is also now available. Sorry, @Kai

Cheers!

9 Likes

I’m more excited for this than I am for Joker being adding to Smash Ultimate tonight

Seriously, thanks for this, you guys are awesome!!

4 Likes

I’m going to start Tobira in a couple weeks so nice timing with adding those lessons.

4 Likes

OOOOOHHHH N1! Nice! Thanks guys :smile:

3 Likes

April 26, 2019

The fourth batch of new grammar consists of 5 grammar points from Tobira:

と同じくらい - Tobira Chapter 3・Bunpro N3, Lesson 5

Noun+型 - Tobira Chapter 3・Bunpro N3, Lesson 8

てくれない・てもらえない - Tobira Chapter 3・Bunpro N4, Lesson 7

んだけど - Tobira Chapter 4・Bunpro N4, Lesson 5

それで - Tobira Chapter 4・Bunpro N4, Lesson 10

Cheers!

10 Likes

May 4, 2019

The fifth batch of new grammar is here! It consists of 5 grammar points from Tobira:

毎~のように - Tobira Chapter 4・Bunpro N4, Lesson 4

ことなの - Tobira Chapter 4・Bunpro N3, Lesson 9

と言える - Tobira Chapter 4・Bunpro N3, Lesson 3

ように - Tobira Chapter 4・Bunpro N4, Lesson 6

Verb[stem] + 合う - Tobira Chapter 4・Bunpro N3, Lesson 2

Cheers!

17 Likes

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Well played. I see someone else on the BP team is also a fan.

4 Likes

:sunglasses:

3 Likes

May 12, 2019

The sixth batch of new grammar is here! It consists of 5 grammar points from Tobira:

のはXの方だ - Tobira Chapter 5・Bunpro N3, Lesson 9

Number + は - Tobira Chapter 5・Bunpro N4, Lesson 7

化する - Tobira Chapter 5・Bunpro N4, Lesson 10

~は~となっている - Tobira Chapter 6・Bunpro N3, Lesson 6

らしい ② - Tobira Chapter 6・Bunpro N4, Lesson 8

:cherry_blossom: ::tulip::hibiscus: Happy Mother’s Day! :hibiscus::tulip::cherry_blossom: Cheers!

14 Likes

June 3, 2019

New grammar is here! This new batch consists of six grammar points from Tobira:

ように祈る - Tobira Chapter 6・Bunpro N4, Lesson 9

傾向がある - Tobira Chapter 7・Bunpro N2, Lesson 1

にあたる - Tobira Chapter 7・Bunpro N3, Lesson 5

- Tobira Chapter 8・Bunpro N3, Lesson 10

関係がある - Tobira Chapter 8・Bunpro N3, Lesson 3

せっかく - Tobira Chapter 9・Bunpro N3, Lesson 10

Cheers!

11 Likes

June 27, 2019

New grammar is here! This new batch consists of five grammar points from Tobira:

という理由で - Tobira Chapter 9・Bunpro N3, Lesson 10

かというと① - Tobira Chapter 10・Bunpro N3, Lesson 6

かというと② - Tobira Chapter 10・Bunpro N3, Lesson 9

言うまでもない① - Tobira Chapter 10・Bunpro N3, Lesson 7

という点から考えると - Tobira Chapter 10・Bunpro N2, Lesson 2

Cheers!

13 Likes

August 9, 2019

New grammar is finally here! This new batch consists of ten grammar points from Tobira:

()うまでもない - Tobira Chapter 10・Bunpro N3, Lesson 8

(なら)んで - Tobira Chapter 11・Bunpro N4, Lesson 9

- Tobira Chapter 11・Bunpro N2, Lesson 4

同士(どうし) - Tobira Chapter 11・Bunpro N3, Lesson 10

(いた)るまで - Tobira Chapter 11・Bunpro N1, Lesson 1

~ずつ - Tobira Chapter 11・Bunpro N3, Lesson 4

(ふう) - Tobira Chapter 11・Bunpro N4, Lesson 10

(かく) - Tobira Chapter 11・Bunpro N4, Lesson 5

でいうと - Tobira Chapter 11・Bunpro N3, Lesson 7

(すく)なくない - Tobira Chapter 11・Bunpro N4, Lesson 8

We apologize for the wait! There were a number of factors that prevented us from releasing these grammar points to you sooner. We will be more consistent about adding future/missing grammar points, squashing bugs, and improving features in the following weeks. Once Tobira is finished we will be able to redirect our focus to N1 grammar. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Cheers!

16 Likes

Just out of curiosity, do you have a schedule for your grammar focuses? E.g., you’re currently doing Tobira, then N1 grammar points; do you know what you’ll focus on after that?

I’m interested because I’m currently working through みんなの日本語2, and finding quite a few grammar points that aren’t on Bunpro yet (I was surprised that the imperative form doesn’t seem to be here, unless I missed it?). I’m adding them as self-study points for the meantime, but it would be cool to know that they’re planned for the future!

Thanks for all your hard work, I’ve found Bunpro to be a really valuable tool.

6 Likes

August 21, 2019

New grammar is here! This new batch consists of five grammar points from Tobira:

ずっと - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N4, Lesson 7

ずっと ② - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 4

でもある - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 9*

(filler) - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 5

(casual よ) - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 7

*Edit: moved to Lesson 9

@asofterbutch Thank you for your question! We have a list of grammar that we would like to add (including the imperative form) after we have finished adding Tobira and N1. However, it might be some time before we can get to this list as there improvements that need to be made to the site (bug fixes, overall performance, search, Cram, additional Paths, and current features needing attention will take priority over additional content). Thank you for your kind words. We hope that we can continue to live up to your expectations and we hope to have something for you soon. Cheers!

13 Likes

August 29, 2019

さ- Interjection - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 3

なし - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 8

() - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 9

()む② - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 10

第一(だいいち) - Tobira Chapter 12・Bunpro N3, Lesson 7

Cheers!

9 Likes