Announcement: N1 is finally here! - April 18, 2019

大変お待たせいたしました!

Surprise! The first lesson of N1 is now available! N1, Lesson 1 consists of 25 of the most common grammar points found on the JLPT N1 exam.

It is possible that some of these items may even appear on the N2 exam, so we wanted to make them available to you as quickly as possible. Happy studying!

21 Likes

Nearly took my eyeballs out when I saw it for the first time

2 Likes

I JUST made a thread that mentioned having no lessons to add!
This is the 2nd time you’ve done this now…

I’m onto you :eyes:

Seriously though, this is exciting!
I’ll actually probably leave Ghost Reviews fully on as I go through N1 grammar just to make sure I get reeeal comfortable with it all, even if I might not see it much in the wild. I’ve read there’s a lot of grammar in N1 that isn’t even found in “day-to-day” life; I get the impression that it’s mostly literary grammar that’s only ever used in… “dense” literature (maybe not so much in manga or light novels).

I guess I’ll find out soon enough!

5 Likes

And just when I thought I’d take be taking a quick breather between my N2 test and N1 prep this summer…

In all seriousness, you guys are seriously killing it with this resource. The constant updates, feedback response, and general improvement is phenomenal and my mood is always instantly improved when I hear and understand a point I recently learned, or I use a new point correctly in conversation and jaws drop. Even had a students dad tell me my Japanese was better than his (thanks to Bunpro!).

I can’t wait to finish N2 and blaze on ahead to N1, and to see where Bunpro inevitably ends up in the future if y’all keep up this level of support. You guys are always the first app I recommend when friends ask how I study. Mad props and a huge thank you to the BunPro team!

6 Likes

Whoa, I did a big double-take when I logged in this morning. I’m on pace to finish my N2 lessons in less than a month so and I’m glad I’ll be able to move on to N1 right away!

3 Likes

Any news on further addition to the N1 level ? A sort of timeline? It used to be for this year, but it seems to not be the plan anymore. :frowning: I am working on the JLPT N1 so far, and I very like bunpro way of reviewing grammar points :slight_smile:
Keep up the good work!

6 Likes

I was about to ask, too! I actually turned Ghost Reviews back on to “maximum” a few months back, but even with all available grammar points unlocked, I’m starting to dip below ~20 reviews per day (for the full color on the streak chart) :sweat_smile:

I know cram reviews would count towards that chart, but I was hoping N1 would be here before I had to resort to that :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

@Kai @Goutye

Hey beloved people of bunpro community :blush:

New N1 lessons will be coming out after we finish tobira path (which is basically done 9 lessons left).

Cheers!

8 Likes

Is it going to continue to be 5 grammar points every month or so or will it ever speed up?

2 Likes

We will do our best to do so! :bowing_man:

4 Likes

Thanks for the update :blush:
So we may have something for Christmas! :christmas_tree:
Looking forward to them!

2 Likes

Hello there! :sunny:
It has been a year now since the first N1 lessons appeared.
Last update said that we would see new N1 lessons after the Tobira path will be fully covered. It has been covered, but no new N1 lessons since.
I guess the priorities changed a lot again, right ? :slight_smile: It’s alright!

I did not renew my subscription because it seems that the N1 will not be covered before a long while (low levels take the priority, and it is fair!).
Would it be possible to get some kind of ETA, or honest reply such as “Not our priority this year.” if that is the case ? :blush: :bowing_man:

I love very much your work, thank you very much! ファイト!:jp:

10 Likes

They posted an update about it on WaniKani:

Full steam ahead on N1! We have already begun adding additional information and example sentences to existing N1 lessons.

7 Likes