Anyone else do this?

First of all just wanted to say that I’m loving bunpro. I feel that I’ve made a lot of progress in the 2 months or so that I’ve been using it.

One thing I find though during reviews, is that I’m constantly clicking on the blank in the phrase to input my answer, only to find that of course it’s just text and nothing gets typed out. Am I the only one?

6 Likes

Personally, no, but this should be an easy fix for the devs.

If you have some familiarity with javascript, you can just add this to the console and have a working temporary solution until the devs fix it for good.

let blank = document.querySelector("stringToSelectTheBlank");
blank.addEventListener("click", () => {
  let input = document.querySelector("stringToSelectInputField");
  input.focus();
});

The only thing that would need to be adjusted would be “stringToSelectTheBlank” and “stringToSelectInputField”.

If you are savvy with the browser console, just inspect element to find the blank and the input field, add a (different) id to each of them, and then use those corresponding id’s. (Just remember that for querySelector, you need to put # before the id).

Now, I’m not sure if those local changes would be reverted after each review, but it’s worth a try. If someone gets this working, let me know because I ran out of my BP membership :frowning:

5 Likes

Thanks for the response. Tbh I was more just making an observation regarding my annoying habit rather than expecting the devs to necessarily fix it (or even that it does need fixing).

1 Like

I do this all the time, or at least the first couple of items in my review queue!

1 Like

Same! I get frustrated with myself sometimes if I don’t stop after a few reviews :joy:

2 Likes

No but I go to crams a lot an click a bunch of reviews only to realize for some reason you have to push the “select for cram” button before it will start actually selecting your crams. WHY
Who has ever went to crams and been like “nope I don’t want to select things just wanted to look”

2 Likes

Did someone mention crams…

4 Likes