Best way to utilize bunpro for my situation?

Hello,

Currently, my Japanese study consists of WaniKani/KameSame for kanji, JALUP decks for vocab, and BunPo for grammar. I also try to immerse for an hour or two every day, but it’s hard since I am a beginner and don’t understand a whole lot yet.

For bunpro, I am just adding about three grammar points a day and I make sure to do the attached readings or view the video for more explanation. I am about a week or so in with bunpro and thought I’d make sure I’m using it okay.

Right now, I’m just going through the grammar in bunpro order, but I do have Genki 1/2 and Tobira. Should I be utilizing those too? If so, what happens to the items that I’ve already studied/reviewed if I switch my order from bunpro to

2 Likes

Stay on the Bunpro default path that is all inclusive. It’s the best way IMO and you won’t miss out on anything that some textbooks leave out. 3 a day is good for a while, but you should drop it down a bit when you start to get overwhelmed.

3 Likes

If it working and you are enjoying it, do what you are currently doing. IF you are unsure of some grammar point /something and its in Genki or Tobira, read through them. (Genki 1/2 have some good explanations).

Seconding @Asher, be carefull. When the reviews get too much, slow down. I would say, try to make (disposable) notes on what you are learning as for some people writing out helps to remember faster.

2 Likes