Bunpro FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions

I just want to chime in that I’m in love with the current EXP-system :heart_eyes: I feel accomplished raising it and watching it increase together with the JLPT progress. I much prefer seeing the levels as rough measures of japanese grammar ability than as a measure of how many reviews someone has done. That way I think the levels can convey more interesting information on the forums too if someone chooses to share their level publicly.

8 Likes

I did this as well, and I am only just now back to where I was Two years ago.

I think that this is fine personally.

1 Like

I’m probably being stupid, but how do I reset everything? I’d like a clean slate because I tried the site out a while ago, but I’ve now subscribed.

I have a question about this - what if you keep getting new sentences incorrect and move them to ghosts, if there aren’t enough sentences will it just overflow to the first sentence as a “new” review?

How can I view this on mobile device? I don’t see XP for example.

2 Likes

I believe you probably want to use their mobile app
Unless you mean the app isnt working for you

Here is a link to the forum post about the app release (they’ve been updating it or so I’m told)

The links for app download are in the first comment I believe.
Hope this helps

1 Like

Superpnut, I have the iOS app installed. I don’t see the XP points or levels.

1 Like

Did XP change? I recently got an item to adept 1 (level 4) and it gave me 100XP. Earlier today I also did about a dozen reviews on some fairly new items and got more than 1000XP.

2 Likes

What’s the workflow for studying vocab? On my desktop browser, I can seemingly only go to content → vocab search and search for specific vocab. On the Android app, I can also view a list of all the N5 vocab, where I can separately add them to my reviews. But they never seem to show up as lessons. So am I meant to just pick and choose each vocab item I want to study from the list separately or am I missing something here?

1 Like

Is there somewhere from the front page/dashboard that shows decks? For example the Kansai deck, how do I access that from the dashboard?

1 Like

This is a bug that should be fixed really soon!

You’re meant to go through the Decks system!
This should show up in your navbar if you’re signed up for the Beta – which you should be if you’re using the Vocab system.
Deck page can be found here :+1:

1 Like

Not yet!
We’re gonna do a large Decks overhaul in the next year or so (don’t quote me on that) which will likely include a Deck-specific overhaul.

1 Like

Indeed I was not in the beta. The option showed up as soon as I opted in. Thank you!

1 Like

Are the SRS intervals still accurate?

They should be, but I’ve seen a few people on the forums, mostly those with older accounts, mention that some items have buggy SRS levels. This also happened to me with a lot of items in my beginner Q showing that their next review would be after 2 months. This shouldn’t be possible. To fix it I just went to those items’ pages and manually reset the SRS level to the previous SRS level.

@veritas_nz also made a script that can run all of your items and reset the buggy ones if you have more than just a few of them.

This comment includes how to reset the items manually.

1 Like

Sorry if this question has already been asked before, I poked around a bit but wasn’t able to find it right away.
If I cancel my subscription (yearly) and then subscribe again later will I still have all the same progress recorded on my account? It’s been awhile since I’ve been able to study and while I really love the Bunpro app for test prep, I’m not currently using it enough to keep paying for a subscription, but I don’t want to come back to it in the future and have to start all over.

1 Like

Welcome to the community :tada:

I was on and off bunpro for a while in the beginning. Subscription or not it kept my progress. It’s tied to your account so unless you manually reset or delete it, the progress will stay

1 Like

Ah, that’s great to know, thank you! :relaxed:

2 Likes