The next review of some of my grammar points says in 2 years

Hi everyone!

I recently restarted bunpro after a long absence and I noticed that some of my grammar points even the ones in beginner says the next review is in 2 years. This seems like an error to me and I was wondering if anyone knew how I could fix this.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I remember someone else having a similar problem, and they were also old time users coming back. Edit- it was a problematic ghost but @veritas_nz should be able to help you

1 Like

Thanks for the reply! Should I also make a post in Feedback - Bug Reports? or should I just wait until @veritas_nz sees this?

2 Likes

this happened to me with a lot of my reviews although not quite to that extent. I had items in my beginner Q that were due to be reviewed after a couple of months. I posted in the bugs thread but it seemed to go unnoticed. I just manually set the SRS level to where the review would come immediately and took it from there.

2 Likes

Well it is the weekend so you could wait until Monday or Tuesday. Bug report post couldn’t hurt. Your other option is to reset those points like drunkgome and see if the problem persists

1 Like

Thanks to @drunkgome and @IcyIceBear for offering guidance.

As they have mentioned, I have seen this before and as far as I remember it was for another old, but not too old, account.

If there are only a few of them, resetting the SRS and then (optional step 2) setting it manually.

If there are tens/hundreds of them, just let me know and I can run a script over your Reviews to reset all of them at once :+1:

Sorry for the inconvenience!

4 Likes

I was gonna post it in the recently created supporter badge thread, but then noticed that you locked it like 5 mins ago. Guess I’ll do it here. Thanks for my shiny new badge :laughing: just 4 more to go to complete the medal badges!

1 Like

Yeah, the script would help a lot! Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Ran the script!

There were 177 items (lord knows why).
There were mostly Seasoned 2 level.

I set the due date to be now, but left the SRS level intact.

So bad news is you now have ~230-odd reviews due, but the good news is, when you do complete them, they will correctly have their due-date set in the future.

4 Likes

Could I have the same script run please? I’ve got a fairly old account (3 years) and some of my reviews are due ‘in about 20 years’ but then a couple of levels below are due ‘in 14 days’. :laughing:

2 Likes

20 years actually just means the item is Mastered!

Kinda confusing why tho, maybe should change the wording :thinking:
But it also is a lil bit spicy? :thinking:

2 Likes

Personally I would prefer a safety setting of at least 1 review a year, even at Mastered level. Just to make sure.

I had this happen to me when I started out this last December. Ended up resetting all progress (as it was day 3 of using Bunpro) and re-did all the reviews.

I also think this would be better. At least it what happens on master level could be configurable. Personally I’m really taking my time with grammar and I’ll most likely still be here several years later. In theory going through all those SRS stages successfully should really burn the grammar points in, but imagine you’re still here 5 years from now - can you say with absolute certainty that you still remember every single grammar point? Yes, the cram function is here, but I’d much prefer making use of the SRS scheduling.

imagine you’re still here 5 years from now - can you say with absolute certainty that you still remember every single grammar point?

Theoretically you should have moved on to engaging with Japanese material directly, and therefore not need the refresher since it should come up regularly. Alternatively, anytime you need the refresher you could simply check the lesson page.