Bunpro review notifier available (Chrome extension)

I was missing a Chrome extension like the WaniKani Review Notifier, so I decided to create one for Bunpro reviews: click here :slight_smile:

It’s the same as the WaniKani one except that this one it also tells you exactly how many reviews items you have on the icon itself. Feel free to use it!

PS: dear admins, out of laziness I just used the bunpro logo for the extension, please let me know if you just want me to change it.
PS2: nitty detail: the Bunpro API seems to return code 401 instead of 200 (apart from that the contents are perfectly fine!), is that intended?

3 Likes

Very nice! Thank you.

I will take a look at the API return code.

1 Like

@kosklain Thank you for creating this! Use of the Bunpro logo for this extension is just fine. Would you mind if I shared your extension over on the wanikani forums? Cheers!

1 Like

@Jake awesome! If possible, please let me know if the code changes, since that will break the extension (at the moment I literally check for a 401).

@Pushindawood absolutely! thanks for doing that, let me know if I can do anything.

1 Like

Small update 1.0.2 by @Andulien 's suggestion :slight_smile:

• Removed the number of reviews when reviews are done.
  • The extension checks reviews when you are visiting bunpro pages (max once every 10 seconds), so when you finish reviews (or leave it unfinished) it’s refreshed immediately.
  • The extension now checks for new reviews the next minute after which you are supposed to have them, so you see reviews are up as soon as possible!
3 Likes

Sweet, thank you for the quick update :smiley:

2 Likes

One more thing, not sure if this is possible. But could you push an update if the PC is taken out of hibernate while the browser is still open? Seems like there is no update taking place until the regular time interval is met again, thus potentially displaying none or the wrong number of reviews.