Bunpro Widget

I am about to check this out, but your timing is absolutely bizarre, because after wanting an Android widget for ages… one magically became available (first party) just a few days ago. And I clearly remember being clearly notified of it in a first party way, but now I cannot even find that notification. I’ve been using it for a few days and have some serious issues with it and wanted to report them in whatever thread is discussing it… but I cannot even find that thread (though I did find this one with strangely similar timing). Maybe there was an in-app popup or something. I am so confused, and I know this is 100% off topic for your 3rd party widget, and I apologize.

1 Like

Update from my above comment. I tried your widget!

The good: it does not suffer from either issue I reported in the linked bug thread above that the 1st party one suffers from.

The bad: I like to shrink my widgets really small to like 1x1. E.g. with my WaniKani widget I do that, and it is optimized such that it just displays:

L:x
R:x

(my lesson and review counts… the only things I need to see at a glance).

Your widget, while it is beautiful, contains a lot of noise (please forgive my bluntness):

  • a clock (every phone already has this at the top of the screen)
  • the BunGo name and logo
  • a giant REVIEW NOW button
  • the review count

Of those, the only thing I care about is the last one. And sadly, when I start aggressively shrinking the widget as is my style… that valuable item is the first one to disappear, so I’m left with something that is no more functional than my normal app launching icon.

It’s excellent work overall, please don’t let my criticisms discourage you. Just letting you know of one use case (admittedly probably not the most common one) that it doesn’t really work for.

Thanks for the comment! Exactly the type of feedback i love! All this means is it am going to.make an update for 1x1 minimal style :sunglasses:
I’ll let you know when it’s done!

1 Like