BunPyro - New Android App (WIP)

I had a look at the repo. You seem to be making progress!
Do you think you could put the develop branch apk on a branch so it’s easy to download? That way we can play around with it and give feefback if we run into issues, but since reviews are not officially released, we can blame only ourselves if something goes wrong :yum:.

Or do you think you’re close to release?

Thanks!

I want to add notifications soon, does that cover your need?
By soon, expect a few weeks or months :see_no_evil:

You should be able to download an apk that is pretty recent by using this link: Bunpyro - Firebase App Distribution. Feedback is welcome, but as you mentioned, it’s still a work in progress. Note that ghost reviews are not yet implemented.

3 Likes

Your “alpha” build is closer to a release build than a lot of currently released apps :eyes:.

2 Likes

Just gave the new Bunpyro update a look and I must say it’s looking absolutely excellent. This is exactly what I wanted from Bunpro since the very beginning so I am super chuffed someone is working on it!

If you need any bug reporting and stuff like that do let us know, I used to work as a games/software QA tester so I’d be very willing to report anything I may find :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The WIP build is so good,thanks for this great app.

1 Like

The app is looking great, all your work is appreciated! If I may make a suggestion, it would be nice if there was an option to hide the ghost reviews button so A) the screen would be symmetrical, B) ghost reviews can just be done during a normal review sesson. Thanks again!

The new update is amazing!! I absolutely love it. Very intuitive and easy to use

2 Likes

The app is very promising.
A block of information is missing in the reading part of a grammar point, can you consider adding it?

@matthieuesnault
I just look at your github,

notification, auto play, bunny mode,

amazing progress dude

3 Likes

Thank you for your kind words everyone, and sorry for the long wait.

I did not announce the 0.4.0 version of BunPyro, published one month ago, so let me annonce both the 0.4.0 and 0.5.0 versions at the same time.

Changes

In short:

• Reviews! :memo:
  • Notifications! :bell:
  • Add/Remove/Reset grammar point reviews.
  • and extra polish everywhere.

In details:

Changelog

[0.5.0] - 2021-08-24

Added

• Notifications for new reviews
  • Audio can be auto played during reviews
  • Bunny mode is available for reviews

Updated

• Cleaned up the settings screen to fit the new settings
  • Better color contrast in dark mode

Fixed

• Fixed a rare crash during reviews
  • Playing the audio of an example no longer resets its expanded state
  • For multiple answer fields in reviews, all fields are colored
  • The precision displayed in the review screen did not match the one of the summary

[0.4.1] - 2021-08-03

Fixed

• Fixed a crash when searching for grammar with filters

[0.4.0] - 2021-08-01

Added

• Review actions for grammar points (add, remove, reset)
  • In app grammar reviews

Updated

• Better splash screen
  • Better display for SRS progress in lists

Fixed

• Wrong kana conversion for romaji input in search
  • Failing to parse the API data when order fields are missing
  • Fix the furigana animations getting stuck on some devices

Screenshots

Limitations

• Reviews are online only (you need an active Internet connection).
  • Ghost reviews are not available in app. A “ghost reviews” button redirects to the website for now.
  • The review count might not be accurate (especially for ghost reviews).

These limitations are due to the API. Hopefully we can work them out soon.

Feedback

If you encounter any issues, let me know and I will try my best to fix them.
I haven’t forgotten about your suggestions (Anki mode, Better Furiganas, Review forecast, …), but I haven’t got time to tackle them yet.

7 Likes

Having ghost reviews in the normal review session would be great :wink: But currently the Bunpro API doesn’t return them. So as a tradeoff, I’m adding this button so that people can still access them.

Unfortunately, this block of information is not returned by the Bunpro API currently, so I can’t add it.

1 Like

Understood, thanks again!

@Jake :eyes:

4 Likes

+1 on the @Jake mention as I don’t think we are only few people thinking BunPyro needs a convenient app to learn & review with!

@Bomyru They are on our todo list :smiley:

5 Likes

Thanks ! :partying_face:

how can I use anki mode on this app?

is there a similar to flaming durtles I just select correct or incorrect?

1 Like

This has been requested before, but this isn’t available yet, sorry!
It’s on my to do list, but I’m not sure when I will work on it.

2 Likes

I don’t get any notifications when I have reviews available. Any idea how I can diagnose this issue? Thanks!

I receive when I have at least 6 items in review, not including ghosts in this case.

Sometimes I see “ah, only 6?” but actually is 6 items and 30 ghosts in reality :sweat_smile:

1 Like