BunPyro - New Android App (WIP)

I believe the files were changed yesterday to the new ones without the click sound at the end. It could simply be a matter of refreshing the address of the audio file… or however it works.

1 Like

thanks for the good work!

really hope reviews is coming soon, would be great to no longer be dependent on the site!

2 Likes

The SRS information is very useful, thanks! I noticed that the filter for JLPT levels doesn’t seem to work. Even if I uncheck JLPT5 etc, it is still shown in the list.

2 Likes

Actually, it’s because the old audio paths provided by the API were relative to https://bunpro.jp/audio/ and now it’s absolute. I will have to handle both cases. :+1:

(Thank you the new audio by the way)

Oh, I can reproduce it. Will fix.

Edit : Should be now fixed in the 0.3.7 version, released today.

4 Likes

Just a tiny issue: 反面 for example can’t be found when typing “hanmen”, you need to type “hannmenn” which is not very intuitive. Probably that’s the same with other grammar points ending with “n” but I haven’t testet it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the report, I will look into this!

1 Like

Super ton appli merci !
Eager to install the hopefully-soon-ready offline review capable version!!! :partying_face::pray:t2::+1:t2:

2 Likes

Looks great! I’m looking forward to doing my reviews with this app!

1 Like

If I may add something to the wishlist : it would be great if the “wanikani furigana option” could be included!
Already like the app very much, thank you @matthieuesnault for your work!

3 Likes

I’m going to echo @Jookun’s sentiment: a “Wanikani” option would be greatly appreciated in the furigana settings. When furigana is present, I can’t help but use it as a crutch even if I already know the word. That’s probably the only thing about the official app that I prefer over this app.

Beyond that, this is looking great so far! I eagerly await the reviews, keep up the great work!

1 Like

Your app looks great! As suggestion, I would love to have the possibility to go to the next grammar point without going back to the list overview. Bunpro implements this with « and » around the grammar point.

1 Like

Thank you for kind words @Bomyru, @Jookun, @Ruminations and @Madao :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m still working on the reviews right now, but it won’t be offline reviews until the API is improved.
In the meantime, it’s going to be online reviews.

I’ve added both suggestions to my backlog :+1:

1 Like

Great, non web-view-based reviews would be already great! :slight_smile:
Thanks & Good luck !

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for developing this! It’s looking great and I’m eager to switch over to it once reviews are ready. :grin:

Are you planning to implement push notifications for available reviews? That’d be a killer feature for me since there seems to be no way of getting them currently.

2 Likes

When you get reviews implemented, will you bring in an Anki Mode? That’s the primary way I get through all of my reviews. Could even become the easiest way to do reviews if that’s the case.

@matthieuesnault Did you abandon the app!? It hasn’t been updated in quite some time.

1 Like

Please consider adding a “new reviews” notification, that’d make this app super awesome.

2 Likes

The dev is still active on github (GitHub - esnaultdev/BunPyro: Android application for Bunpro. Learn Japanese grammar.)

2 Likes

My secret is out :male_detective:
I’ve been working on the next release but it’s not ready yet, sorry for the delay.

6 Likes

Oh this looks great! Can you add in hourly reminders for grammar points due? It’s the one thing Bunpro is missing in their app. My ADHD brain so needs it! I’m really looking forward to this app the official is nice but it leaves a lot to be desired

1 Like