Can I play Dragon's Dogma 2 in Japanese on my son's UK PS5

Quite fancy playing this game but don’t want the feeling of ‘you should be practising Japanese’ whilst gaming, so is it possible to switch it to Japanese language?

I imagine that it’s the sort of thing that one thinks is quite easy but in practice is difficult.

1 Like

I guess the fact it’s my son’s ps5 is not especially relevant… unless it means changing the whole setting to Japanese… he would not like that.

1 Like

From my experience with a US region PS4, changing the language settings only affects the system interface. I would imagine that carried over to the PS5. Changing the language on the Switch does change the game text (for some games) so I was hoping that would work for PS games. It did not. :slightly_frowning_face:

As far as I can tell, the only way to play games in Japanese on non-Japanese systems is to either obtain a Japanese copy of the game or to create another PS account and set the region to Japan and buy games from the PS store. I haven’t actually tried it myself, so I don’t know how annoying the process is.

I hoped that helped at all!

3 Likes