Can someone explain the use of させる in these instances?

I’ve been noticing させる used a lot in situations where it’s used in places where I’d assume する would be used.
Two examples I have:

1. その最大威力を 審査員に直撃させやがった!
  2. おめえが篠塚組を 壊滅させるとはなあ

Is it being used to convey that those actions are being forced onto someone in a way that the person they’re being done to can’t do anything about it? For 1, is it saying that they’re “forcing” a direct hit (with all their power) onto the judges, with the nuance being that the judges can’t really do anything about it (whether they like it or not)? Same for 2 - The guy forcefully destroys the “group”, not giving them any chance of, well, not being destroyed?

Anyways, I realize that させる is “make/let” but it just seems awkward with these types of actions - “making someone annihilated”, “making someone direct hit”.

I think in the first one it’s the 最大威力 that’s made to deliver a direct hit on the judges. We can say “he let that might hit them” in English too.

In the second one, 壊滅する means “to be annihilated” so if they don’t use the causative they’ll accidentally be annihilated themselves. I guess this one does express forcing the group to be destroyed, but using する is not an option.

Grammatically, neither sentence makes sense to me with する, some other parts would have to be expressed differently too.

2 Likes