Can you use a free version of bunpro?

Hi all, I remember making an account here ages ago but never actually used it. I thought there was a free version though? But when I click on either Study, review or cram it just brings me to the pay page. Only the grammer lets me see individual pieces?

Also is the website slow for anyone else? If I do end up putting down money I’d likely go for the lifetime, but only if it works well. Otherwise I don’t really want to slap down cash if its stays slow?

1 Like

https://bunpro.jp/pricing

2 Likes

You’d have had a month’s free trial when you joined, but now that time’s up that’ll be why it sends you to payment.

2 Likes

If it was ages and ages ago I do remember a time when bunpro was free. For a few years now they’ve had a paid subscription, first offering it heavily discounted to people who had been using it when it was free. If you’re looking to join up again I’d recommend waiting for the upcoming winter sale to get a discounted lifetime membership. You can always sign up to pay monthly, but as more content is added the price will increase to reflect the added value so you do what is best for your study goals.

2 Likes

Thank you mate, I think that was it! I remember there was discussion about it at the time on some of the forums (maybe reddit) both for and against the move.

Cheers for the heads up! I’ll keep a look out for the sale! but I think this is the answer I was looking for. Cheers mate.

2 Likes

no problem, glad to help!

2 Likes

Any news on when the winter sale usually is?

4 Likes

In past years the sale has begun around December 17th, but usually the announcement about the sale is made at the start of December. Because we’re still waiting on the official announcement, there’s no way to know for sure what the date will be this year. If you scroll to the bottom of this post about the 2019 sale however, one of the site leaders did confirm that a sale will be happening again this year, just not exactly when.

I’ve also been wondering when the sale will begin as my subscription is currently lapsed. :sweat_smile: We’re all in the same boat waiting for specifics for now.

I have been kicking myself for years at how dumb I was to miss out on that initial discount when the site switched to paid membership, so much so that I’m just getting around to actually getting lifetime. That difference in price just hurts too much on a student budget. I cant really afford it now either, but I know it’ll just keep increasing so there’s not much choice.

3 Likes