Couple questions on functionality

So I just started my trial and was wondering about a couple things.

First of all I came over from WaniKani and used the api key to sync. From what I understand pasting the key into the right section removes the furigana from Kanji I should know. Is that all pressing the “sync vocab” button did or were there other effects? Also do I have to manually sync it whenever I make progress on WaniKani or is it automatic now?

Also, is there a limit to the daily lessons I can do or can I just keep spamming them if I have a bunch of free on a given day? I initially thought that the first selection on the lesson batches meant that thats how many I could do per day before waiting for reviews so I selected the maximum of 5 but after I did the first 5 another 5 popped up.

1 Like

Welcome!

Can’t speak on the Wanikani stuff as I don’t use it but, regarding the lessons, you can do as many as you want. If you want to add all 900+ grammar points in one day then the only thing stopping you is yourself. You can also change the lesson batch size in your settings; it goes from 1 to 10. You can also manually add grammar points to your reviews from their respective pages.

(General comment on this topic and not aimed at OP: I swear I have seen this a few times now, where people come over from WK and they assume that all SRS systems limit lessons the same way WK does. As someone who has never used WK it just seems interesting.)

Hi there!

Apart from removing furigana, syncing with your Wanikani API will also automatically mark any Bunpro vocab words you’ve learned on Wanikani as already known (SRS 12/“I know this!”). This won’t affect you if you’re only using Bunpro for grammar but if, for example, you study a Bunpro vocab deck, it will say you already know certain words and you won’t need to learn them again.

Your new progress on Wanikani will sync automatically.

Hope that makes sense : )

A good teacher will feed you information gradually in an order and at a rate that is commensurate with your learning.

Bunpro allows you to learn in any order and at any rate. If you adopt a “learning path” then the order but not the rate is restricted.

This seems to me to be the philosophical difference.

— Dave