Cram 2.0 [Beta]

The new cram has not been added to the mobile app yet! But I will make sure to add it asap!

Cheers!

10 Likes

We still made adjustments for it to work responsively, so for now you should be able to just log in on your phone’s browser and use it. Sorry for the subpar workaround!

8 Likes

14 Likes

A couple things I noticed:

1. When reviewing and submitting a wrong answer, clicking on Show Answer: Click here or press 'a' does not respond to clicks. Pressing ‘a’ works, but it’s hard to do that when using a mobile browser.
  2. When you are done and reviewing the points you got wrong, it shows the correct answer in red text. I guess I would expect it to show the wrong answer I input. But I don’t know if that’s intended or not really.
10 Likes

The reading and listening features are huge!! I feel like those are currently the things I am the worst at so this will really help me!! Thanks for creating this! :grin:

10 Likes

いつもありがとうございます。来月、日本語能力試験N3を受けるから、その新しい特徴は練習のために完璧です!とても嬉しいです!

11 Likes

This is awesome! Thank you team I can already tell this is going to help so much. Bunpro is such a bargain, best studying tool all for a couple squids each month. love you xx

12 Likes

I haven’t tried the new Cram 2.0 yet – only just read this OP – so maybe my concern is already addressed in the UI, but I didn’t see anything in the UI screenshots above for how to report bugs/issues/suggestions during a cram session. For example, I really find using the “+ Report” button (for each example sentence), and the “Report” and “Ask a Question” buttons (for each grammar point) to be much more useful than (for example) having to hunt down this Cram 2.0 [Beta] thread in the forums to report any issues discovered during a cram session.

Does the Cram 2.0 inherit these existing buttons, e.g. for the standard cram mode? What about for the Reading and Listening modes? Do they also have UI support for reporting issues during cram?

BTW, regardless of my concern… this looks totally awesome, guys! Great frickin’ work!! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Praise be.
More reasons to recommend bunpro. Might start knocking on doors to spread the good word. Amen.

9 Likes

Hehe! I could even imagine Develop and Eat combined into a single self-looping state, “Develop/Eat”. No need to squander development time with a separate Eat phase! That’s what desks are for, after all, right? :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Reporting inside Cram (regardless of cram type) will function the exact same way it is for reviews currently, so no issues there. For any bugs or suggestions directly relating to the new cram features, we’d appreciate you using this thread because as often the case is with beta programs, users tend to discuss ideas together which can lead to even better end results. :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Fair enough! Gotcha!

6 Likes

This. This is what I need more than anything. Can’t play around with it right now at work but I’m really looking forward to working with this!

I’ve never used Cram too extensively because of the previous issues and jank, but I have a feeling you guys have just changed that for me. Woohoo :partying_face:

10 Likes

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

8 Likes

incredible update

6 Likes

I was going to put just the Develop one, with no loops, as the second one. But I figured I had to leave some room for the next iteration of their development cycle.

6 Likes

Great update! Looking forward to using it.
Any plans to include vocabulary in the near future? Maybe even the other way around, asking for the japanese word and showing the english word?

9 Likes

Holy cow. THIS kind of stuff is what it’s all about! I had my own expectations for an improved cram, but this goes above and beyond what I was hoping for. Killer feature set. Props to the whole team for thinking big and delivering big.

6 Likes

I wrote a script to change cram to what I need… Well, it won’t work anymore. Maybe you can add it as another mode, I know it is far fetched.

So what I want is, only seeing the English translation and writing Japanese myself. Then when you press enter, it shows you the correct Japanese. Of course there are multiple ways to say something but since we already have “self grading”, it may work.

4 Likes

Small bug fixes:

• Colorblind assist now works in Cram and in the cram summary.
  • The auto play audio setting works again
  • It is possible to send feedback/report a sentence from cram
  • Clicking ‘a’ to show an answer or toggle alternate answers works again
  • The audio for the next sentence should no longer automatically start playing when going to the summary page.
9 Likes