Cram? Self study?

Got a question on how I use these study methods…

Even when I was in Japanese school I had the damnest time working through ga, node, kedo etc etc…

you know all the from buts, since etcs?

Well I’d like to smash all these into an ultimate work file of some sort so I can really work these things out, but I’m sort of hitting a wall with these things… is there a help file to help me understand how to do these self study things?

Maybe I’m just not seeing it?

Thanks

I’m sorry my answer isn’t really about the help file.
I might have misunderstood what you meant by “ultimate work file” but if you hit cram you can chose the “select for cram” option, it’s on the right part of the screen just above the grammar points and with that you should be able to select specific grammar points for your cram session, but this is limited to only N5, N4, etc (you can’t have for example “buts” from N5 and N4 in the same cram session from what I understand)…
With that you should be able to study only the grammar points you really want to work on.

Cram and Self-Study are supplemental tools in Bunpro!

Cram allows you to have a synthetic review queue focusing on your desired JLPT level or Bunpro Lesson, and some special filters that focus on your troubled grammar.

Basically, review Bunpro-style without affecting your reviews, while gaining a report on what you could do better or worse.

Self-Study allows you to add your own sentences to your review queue. I personally love it as just typing in a sentence you saw on your studies really helps nail down the content, or if there’s an example you found elsewhere that you really think crystalizes a certain use of the grammar, you can put that in.

But, ultimately, they’re supplemental tools meant to bolster the main review experience, you can literally never use them and still get 90% of the benefit of Bunpro.

As for this, we got a FAQ that’s pretty indepth. Check it out!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thank you,

However maybe I’m not seeing where the self study button is? Is it just in cram?

1 Like

Self study is at the bottom of the grammar lessons. You can create your own sentences for review.

これはペンです。

2 Likes

Awesome thank you!

So I’m a bit confused still:

I’m not seeing anything to assist with self study, am I not on the right section of the grammar lesson?

Sorry, it’s probably right in my face I’m still just confused on how to properly use it / access it.

Howdy, I think the self study section refers to the ability to add custom sentences to a given grammar point. As far as I am aware there doesn’t seem to be a way for you to cram using custom sentences at this time.

For some reason to add a custom sentence you have to go to the grammar point directly, go to the examples tab and scroll to the bottom. If you select a grammar point using the Study section on the top of the screen it doesn’t show.

2 Likes

Right on! Thank you for the screen shot that is super duper helpful!!

2 Likes

@Jake Hey Jake… I still can not find this ^, I’ve attempted multiple times and I simply just don’t have this in these areas mentioned. I go this area of the grammar, but that blue button above never shows up, the only thing I’ve seen so far is “add to reviews” and a button to add my own notes, that’s it.

Are you checking under the “Examples” tab? It’s at the bottom of the page but just above the “Add to Reviews” button.

If you’re in the tab and it isn’t showing up try a different browser to make certain that the one you are using isn’t blocking the button from showing up

1 Like

So I managed to take time again to look for this and I found the add custom sentence… now I guess my question is, what is the best way to use Cram and Self Study because I certainly need to be able to use these grammar points on my own to solidify them.

Same thing when I was in school in Japan… if I couldn’t find a way to utilize the new grammar/words etc… they soon are forgotten and never used and then hardly remembered later down the road if someone was to bring it up.

I also want to make sure I’m putting in a sentence that is of course correct too… is there maybe some resources where I can dabble with this while at the same time making sure it’s correct?

Thanks!

1 Like