Dictionary of Japanese Grammar references

Similar to Genki, can we get reference information about the Dictionary of Japanese Grammar series? It’s probably unnecessary to give page numbers (since each dictionary has a glossary), but knowing which of the three books the grammar point is in could be very helpful.

5 Likes

We have compiled a list of Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar’s grammar points and page numbers, but have not yet had the chance to add them. We will get them in as soon as we can. Grammar points from the Intermediate and Advanced books will be added after we have added more content to Bunpro. Cheers!

9 Likes

Woahwoahwoahwoah can I get a hold of this glossary of yours please?

Can I pretty please with a cherry on top get this list?

2 Likes

I even haven’t used A Dictionary of Intermediate Japanese Grammar yet, but I disagree if it’s unnecessary to give page numbers since each dictionary has a glossary. I personally like to jump to A Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar book (and the page number) without having to look at the index at the back of this book, from grammar points note at BunPro that I’ve unlocked.

Faster.

7 Likes

I was actually going to make a post about this, but the search function lead me here.
I use the Dictionary of Basic Japanese Grammar alongside BunPro, but sometimes I find it difficult to search for a grammar point.

For example, today I wanted to find the reference for the grammar (の中で~一番), but on the book, that point is only found on the “I” index for Ichiban, not the “N” for nonakade. This is why the page numbers are important.

Also, as we advance, so the use of the other two books will be necessary (Intermediary and Advanced). A note saying which book has that point we’re looking for would come really handy.

6 Likes

Oooh, I’m glad someone’s already suggested this, but I actually would like having page numbers to save me from looking at the glossary every single time.

2 Likes