Disabling Vacation Mode does not work

Following up on this, I made sweeping changes to the way vacation mode works.

Notably:

• The code for exiting vacation mode was optimized so even if you have 10k+ reviews it should process them more quickly and not timeout (which was one potential edge case that caused issues with vacation mode)
  • The calculations for how your reviews are changed were adjusted. Instead of moving the reviews back the amount of your vacation mode, they do a more dynamic calculation using progress data (streak, time and wrong/right) from that last time they were reviewed + the time in vacation mode to set when they should be due.
    • The one edge case with this implementation is that if you aggressively use vacation mode it wonā€™t give the desired results. We are discussing internally a better solution that avoids this edge case.
6 Likes

What is the point of vacation mode? I have twice now turned it on in the app after clearing all pending reviews and turned it off to see a pile of reviews waiting for me. Other apps with vacation mode do not behave this way. The Bunpro website shows me with 0 reviews currently, but the app shows 23. Why the discrepancy?

Edit: weird, I went to do them, it actually said I had 29, but after doing one I got the ā€œsession overā€ screen and now it says 0 pending. Last time I had to do all 80 or however many it was.

Hey! Thank you for reaching out. Did you turn vacation mode on/off on the website or the app?

In the app. I pretty much never visit the website.

1 Like

Hey!
I have located the bug and the fix will be available with next version of the app.

Cheers

2 Likes

Has this been done? I regularly (although probably less regularly than some) update my apps, but I put Bunpro on vacation mode for a week (in the app), having made sure to do all pending reviews first, and when I turned it off just now (again, in the app), I had 39 pending reviews, when my expectation would be for there to be zero. Once again, though, when I went to do them there didnā€™t seem to actually be any. It got stuck on ā€œloading data from the internet,ā€ and when I killed the app and reopened it, the reviews counter was at zero.

Iā€™m on app version 0.4.1+118.

1 Like

Hi @Jake, Iā€™m running into the same issue as OP. I turned on vacation mode on my android app three weeks ago and tried to disable it last week. I havenā€™t seen any of my previous reviews yet.

More vacation mode woes. App version 0.4.1+151. Turned vacation mode on for a couple days while a friend was visiting and when I turned it off this morning it wouldnā€™t stay off. Like, I would turn it off in the app settings and it would show me a pile of reviews, but as soon as I would kill the app and reopen it vacation mode would be back on. I had to log in to the website to turn it off definitively. In addition, despite the note in the website saying your streak will be preserved, my streak was in fact not preserved and has been reset to 1 day. Not a big deal for me, but I know some people are very protective of their streaks.

3 Likes

Hey!
The latest version of the app fixes this bug, try updating in the testflight/play store.

1 Like