スーパーカブ discussion (Intermediate) April 2024

I like his videos. They’re really good! :+1:

2 Likes

Was feeling a bit unwell today but still managed to get through my 3 pages, and in the process finished chapter 6. See you all later <3

4 Likes

Finished chapter 5. Right on schedule!

4 Likes

Hi!

Finished chapters 5 ‘バイク通学’ and 6 ‘ヘルメットバッグ’. I like the kanji for sewing, 縫, and the 巾着袋 that 小熊 works on.

Meeting 礼子 now.

6 Likes

Another 3 pages today. I’m really enjoying 礼子 so far, the two of them together is pretty funny.

3 Likes

Here are some of its buddies you may also enjoy: 織, 編, 繍, 紡

6 Likes

Just popping to once again say I’ve finished my 3 pages, and that 礼子 is pretty great.

4 Likes

I’m quite behind due to spring break, so I’m only in chapter 4, but I’m hoping to catch up between this week and next week.

5 Likes

I’m somewhat behind the pace since I’ve been trying to remember/SRS every new word, and there are more unknown words than hours in a day😅

5 Likes

Wrapped up my 3 pages for today, ended up doing it quite late because of a bunch of random things that popped up but got to make sure not to break the streak. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I finished the reading for next week. Here are the two newly-appearing proper nouns.

Chapter 9:
甲州 (こうしゅう) Kōshū [City]
諏訪 (すわ) Suwa [Village]

5 Likes

Hi!

I’m almost done with chapter 7 and 礼子の登場. I think I understood most of it, even picked up some katakana vocab on the parts of the bike and verbs on their operation.

I noticed one thing in my copy: in the page where 礼子 gets on her bike, in the paragraph that starts with 礼子 opening the red box at the back of the scooter to take out the blue helmet and the gloves, in the sentence about the loudness of her bike when starting the engine, she appears as 麗子.

Although it looks like a “typo”, the name also seems suitable.

2 Likes

Thank you!

I knew (from 組織 and はたを織る) and (from 編む, 編集 and 短編集), didn’t know and . Always (偏), of course.

とっても勉強になりました。

1 Like

Just finished chapter 6. I’m glad that we’re reading only a couple of chapters each week!

I found it funny that 可愛い had furigana. Surely that must be a word that Japanese people see all the time? Why put furigana on that word and not on all the other difficult kanji words?

3 Likes

I feel like it is getting easier though I can’t tell if I’m understanding more or if the language is just easier. Regardless I finished another 3 pages today. <3

3 Likes

Oh true, that’s interesting. Looks like between the web novel and the book Reiko switched from Suzuki Hustler 50 to Super Cub, this sentence got rewritten, and the editor didn’t notice the typo.

3 Likes

And finished chapter 7.

Let’s see what the 昼休み brings. At the very least, they can talk about the Cubs. :wink:

良い週末を

5 Likes

Finished chapter 8, and started chapter 9.

I’m a bit ahead of the chapter schedule but I get the feeling if I don’t stick to 3 pages a day, each weekday I might find it harder to stick to doing it. :slight_smile:

Thanks for organising a book club, it honestly is a good push to actually try reading real material.

4 Likes

I know right!!! There’s another example of this in Chapter 8, where I thought the exact same thing. So many other words that I would’ve appreciated furigana for…

Speaking of Chapter 8, I thought I was way behind and hadn’t checked the week’s allocated chapters until now whoops, I got totally sucked into the story :laughing:

Totally agree with this, huge thank you to Asher and BunPro! I used to push off reading until after I did my daily SRS but that always lead to never getting around to actually reading

With this book club, the motivation to want to keep up has lead to reading first, which in turn means my SRS reviews have become a bit sporadic but I think I prefer it this way :star_struck:

6 Likes

Just finished chapter 7. Very likable characters.

Also noticed the one sentence with 麗子 instead of 礼子 in the Bookwalker edition that I’m reading.

2 Likes