Does Bunpro test you enough?

Whenever you learn a new thing, Bunpro gives you 1 question about it. I just feel like this isn’t enough. You read all the examples, then most of them never seem to come back. Am I thinking about this incorrectly?

1 Like

It’s enough. You will get a different question in later time.

On higher level you will get more reviews to do that takes the majority of your time on BP :sweat_smile:
Don’t worry about new lessons, worry about getting good accuracy on reviews.

1 Like

Hey :smile:

This is called spaced repetition.
The questions are asked in increasing intervals, which has been proved to be the most effective way to put things into the long term memory.
According to many teachers, 5-6 repetitions are enough.

With every bigger interval, you will be asked about different sentence.

So if you answer incorrectly, the question will be repeated until you get it. And then you wait for another interval for the next one. Not to mention that another subsystem - called ghost review will turn on with intervals on its own making you memorize that failed sentence too.

If you that is not enough you can use cram function, which will test you using multiple sentences from one lesson (if you choose only one). It is more like quiz.

@squint

5 Likes

I’ve been wondering something, so I thought I’d ask here. What happens if you answer a ghost review wrong? I’m assuming its SRS level just drops and you don’t get a second ghost review of that sentence?

2 Likes

Ghost reviews have their own mini SRS that acts like the main reviews. If you get a ghost review wrong it doesn’t create a new review.

4 Likes

Cram is really good. That’s what I was looking for.

3 Likes

I know this question is already a couple days old. But just thought I post this link for reference if someone else is searching for this:

2 Likes

I agree with squint that the first time you see a grammar point through the Study link, only 1 review seems too short.
I’ve gotten into the habit of either: 1) using Cram to occasionally get reinforcement of items I’ve seen, or 2) hitting backspace on a weak grammar point, entering something wrong and hitting enter to purposely create ghosts for myself (so that I get more review time as part of the automatic sequence).

Have you guys already considered these ideas?:
. multiple reviews on the very first time
. “tweak” buttons to allow users to flag a grammar point as “easy” or “hard” to affect the next review

(my perspective is coming from using apps like iKnow and Anki)

one more idea – maybe a feature with Cram to only cram the last xx grammar points, or to only cram the grammar points from the last 24 hrs?

1 Like