Does it really help?

I just want to know if this application does actually help people learn proper grammar after good work on it. I don’t want to go down a journey knowing that it won’t help me very much.

Much appreciated.

1 Like

hi there!

i think your question is kinda off balance.

“I just want to know if this application does actually help people learn proper grammar after good work on it.”

see. after a good work on it, anything works.

and noone can know if this way or another works for you or not.

what you can do instead, study, use the free trial and see for yourself!

have a great day!

4 Likes

Love at first sight.

1 Like

For me, yep, definitely worked. Previous post was spot on though. Perseverence is the key to success with anything.
I hope it works for you too! Just make sure it isnt the only thing you do. It should be part of a balanced diet including vocabulary and kanji study too :wink:

6 Likes

I have been studying Japanese for about 5 years and focused mainly on kanji and vocab so far. I did know most of the basic grammar, but I never really drilled conjugations and such, so I was having a lot of trouble identifying more than trivial grammar correctly when reading sentences. I started Bunpro about 2 months ago, and I have seen drastic improvement when reading and listening. I now recognize most of the patterns I have studied here without much effort. Thumbs up from me!

8 Likes

Thank you very much! I will try my very best!

No pain no gain! I will tattoo grammar into my brain!!!

3 Likes

Seconding this.

The trick to successfully learning a language is finding ways that you can practice and improve on a regular basis. This site took Japanese grammar acquisition/practice from something that I loathed (and generally avoided), to something that was actually easy and comfortable to do every day.

My reading comprehension (and ability to form proper sentences) massively improved because of that :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Agreed. The beautify of Bunpro (and WK) is the presentation, ease of use, SRS, curated quality content, etc… There is nothing earth shattering on here that you can’t get from reading Tae Kim’s but I guarantee this will be more fun and stick better!

4 Likes

Really agree with @mert and @Kai
(Just a small warning what to avoid :smiley: : Initially I got overwhelmed as I was just studying digitally and added too many grammar points. After I reset my account and started again from scratch :smiley: )

This website is a godsent and makes learning grammar more fun!

I know that (hopefully) everyday I can log in, do my review for 1 to 10 minutes and continue on with my life. Maybe later that day, I will read a manga / light novel, use Kanji Senpai / Anki for reviewing words / kanji / sentences etc… The key here is to integrate language learning as part of one’s day.

When I have more free time, I can go and study new grammar points + make my own written notes (using Bunpro + Books + Websites). Bunpro has some really easy to understand sentences :smiley:

Since January 2019, I have been reading one manga / light novel per month and my grammar comprehension has been steadily improving :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Yeah, maybe I should reset, too. I find that a lot of the cues are rather vague, and that since many of the sentences are recycled to make different grammar points it’s easy to get into the rut of making the same mistakes over and over. :frowning: I love wanikani for kanji, and I’m just going to persevere here.

2 Likes