Easier way to mark vocab as known?

I’m currently working through the JLPT vocab decks, and when coming across words I know very well, I want to mark them as known (i.e. push to SRS 12) so they don’t clog up my reviews but I also have the progress of the deck so I know I’ve made it through all the words. I can’t seem to do this directly when learning but have to learn it, then open the vocab page for that specific word, then I can mark as known. Is it just me or is this the only way?

4 Likes

You could open up the index page for that deck (i.e. for N5 Vocab you could go here), and then middle-click all the Vocab you already know and go to those pages and mass-flag them as known.

But yeah currently there is no way to check multiple vocab points and perform actions on them (add to reviews, mark as known etc.) in one go. We definitely plan on supporting these types of features in the future.

7 Likes

I would also like to request this feature since I know the vast majority of N5 to N3 vocabulary and I gave up marking them all as known because it took forever.

7 Likes

@matt_in_mito @bellac
Might take a while as we’re doing a bunch of bug-fixing right now, but I’ll add a feature-request ticket regarding this now and let ya’ll know when we get round to it!

4 Likes

Want to second this but offer another perspective. Right now, it’s tough to use both Wanikani and Bunpro for vocab. I don’t want to learn any kanji words from Bunpro at this time as it eats into my Wanikani study time / kanji learning process, but skipping them one by one is even more time consuming to even bother trying to use Bunpro’s system.

I thought I found a clever way to do this by removing them when they came up in reviews, but when you click > arrow, it just re-adds them to your list. If I mark them all as ‘known’ as I scroll through them, I run the risk of it not being covered in Wanikani (of course, at my level that’s very unlikely to be sure).

I’d be great if I could filter to just learn Katakana / Hirigana words or add individual vocab to reviews manually.

4 Likes

I have just joined BunPro and was thinking that I really needed this feature. While looking around I came to this thread, so I wanted to double check: is this still not possible? Thanks!

3 Likes

Same here, I started recently and it took me hours to go throught my known vocab, and it is impossible to do it fully starting at an intermediate level.

it is a serious issue IMO, I also wish the vocab decks were more integrated in the lessons, I was confused at first to come across it somewhere in a submenu.

1 Like

I would likewise appreciate a way to more quickly/conveniently mark items as Mastered without having to go to each individual page or set them as Mastered when they show up while going through my lesson queue (which causes some clunkiness on lessons sessions.)

I half expected it to be in the kebab menu when you’re in the item list for a deck. You can Add to Reviews, but that’s it.

1 Like

Am pushing for this upgrade to be made a priority internally atm. I am not sure how difficult it is to implement technically, but I believe that it is something that we should definitely have for ease of use going forward.

12 Likes

@Asher Awesome thanks! Adding my voice to the people waiting on this feature… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much, I would really appreciate it.

1 Like