Extra exercises

みんなさん今日は!
So as I just got started with Bunpro (which I really love for the moment, mostly about the fact that I can follow the Minna No Nihongo list of grammar points) and wondered if there was something I could use to add training exercises to the reviews. As we say, practise makes perfect and I feel like it’s the only “negative” thing i found about the website, as answering questions using the SRS works more on your memory than practicing with different phrases.

Anyway, glad to enter this community, as a japanese language university student it’s really a great tool. Thanks!

1 Like

What kind of training exercises do you mean? Could you be more specific? The SRS are not exercises? You can add some self-study reviews but I haven’t used those myself.

Not sure I agree. Elaborate on this as well? Surely since you are seeing a different sentence everytime it’s more than just memory as you have to think about what is being said and how to say it. But I guess you could make the point that language is all about memory…

2 Likes

There is Cram, which you could use to go through all available sentences for specific grammar points. However, be careful not to overdo it – you don’t want to just memorize the sentences perfectly, you’ll want to be able to use the grammar point in any sentence, right? :slight_smile:

I think in many cases, it’s not too bad to just “trust” the SRS to do it’s magic. You’ll learn quite effectively just from the few tests Bunpro makes you do :slight_smile:
However, for some things, I think you’re right on the money and you basically cannot have enough practice. For example, Conjugations! You can practice them (and some other things) here. Maybe that’s useful? :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ok, sorry for not being clear:
As I’m already an intermediate student (I’m at the end of the みんなの日本語 2) I’ve been progressing quickly on Bunpro and found that one phrase per review was not enough, because as I already know loads of grammar points I sometimes use the wrong one (which is right but not in that particular question).
Having extra exercises would definitely be a plus, so that’s just why I asked. I guess the self-study reviews might be the easiest way to go around it but I feel like it’s a lot of input and loss of time.

1 Like

Yeah, as I said to @sandalwood, I’m already intermediate so beginning a new method of learning kinda get me mixed up as burn the grammar points quite quickly (which I guess is not that good of an idea?)

Thank you so much for the link! Will definetely check it out :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, the same grammar point will be reviewed again (many times) in the future since that is how SRS works. SRS’s goal is to help you memorize something with as little effort as possible. In this case it means one review/sentence per SRS stage.

If you are looking for just more practice at one time, cram can work as mentioned. Otherwise something other than BP is probably the right choice. (Like a workbook connected to a textbook or JLPT level.)

1 Like