Fast way to add study material?

Hello,

I have already read Genki 2 and have used the study button on N5 (seems to not be there any more) and want to also practice N4. I was hoping there is a way I don’t have to click on each grammar point to add it. Since I already know most of them.

Like I would like to just click on 1 and added all of it to my review, in one click.

Thank you

1 Like

Well, if you go to settings by clicking on your head (on the grammar side, not the forum), you can change your JLPT Study Level to N4, and thereby use the study button again.

I don’t know that there is any way to add them all in one go, perhaps there is a script, but I’m not using any scripts on BP, so I have no idea.

2 Likes

If you add them all at once, they’ll resurface all at once.

So, instead, I’d personally recommend adding 10~20 or so per day, along with 1~3 entirely new grammar points if you’re looking to make progress while adding all the familiar stuff for review.

Edit: My personal goal when using any form of SRS for language study is to have as many reviews as I can, while also spreading them as thin as I can possibly manage. The end result is that my review batches always seem to stay small, but the grand total I’m churning through each day adds up to a lot over time.

4 Likes

I did not know about that settings page, there is a lot of useful stuff there thank you.

2 Likes

I agree thank you Kai. I am going to do quite a bit though .I am getting ready for the JLPT (=

3 Likes

Even if you’re ready to burn through tons of new lessons now, the problem with doing so (in my experience) is that you’ll have multiple days of review “droughts,” maybe 5-15 reviews each day for BP, then suddenly… you wake up to a stack of 150!!

It’s kind of demoralizing when they hit, and all of the days that felt light on reviews now feel like they went to waste, because some of this giant review stack could’ve landed on them, but… :frowning:

If this does happen though, my recommendation would be to not finish them all at once, for the same reason I say not to add them all at once. Spread those reviews thin :wink:

2 Likes

You are totally right. I have a bad habit of studying all day one thing but I should and will do my reading, grammar, kanji, listening and vocab everyday.

and I do have that problem of being hit with 150 stack days )=

2 Likes

If there’s any such thing as a “silver bullet” for language learning, it’s consistency!

Keeping your review batches small goes a long way towards that, too; you have to show up frequently to spread the reviews thin (some in the morning, some in the evening, maybe some during a lunch break if you can manage to…), and at the same time, you’ll feel more motivated to hop on for reviews if you know you’ve only got ~20 to do each time :slight_smile:

(I personally limited myself to ~20 BP reviews per sitting for a long time, even if there were more leftover at the end. I’d be sure to wrap them up later in the day or the next day for sure, though.)

5 Likes