Feedback - Bug Reports

Is the website down? Whenever I try to open it, this message pops up:

The page you were looking for doesn’t exist.
You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved.
If you are the application owner check the logs for more information.

I was trying to open the “main page” (https://bunpro.jp), so I’m pretty sure I didn’t mistype anything…

EDIT: It’s working again!!

2 Likes

@oOMayOo Sorry about that! You must have caught us right when we were pushing some updates/bug fixes. We are glad that everything is back up and running for you again. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues. Cheers!

1 Like

@Pushindawood
Hi, I was doing some testing today to see what happens when you lose the connection during reviews (i.e.: while commuting). So I started the review session, turned off mobile data, do some reviews, then turned mobile data back on and finished the session. None of the reviews were synced. Just for fun, I tried the same thing going all the way to the end of the review queue. Bunpro finished the session automatically as per usual and when I went back online, as suspected, none of the reviews were synced.

Is this how Bunpro currently works or is it a bug? If it is really how it works it is really concerning because on long conmutes, a user could lost a lot of reviews as the page is not timing out or anything. The behaviour is as if the user was online all the time. From my point of view, it should work in one of these two ways.

1. Whenever the connection is lost the progress is cached locally and then send either immediately when the internet connection is back or at the end of the session if the connection is back by then. This would be the preferred way as it would allow for pseudo-offline reviews. Otherwise it would be unusable in many commutes.

2. Whenever the connection is lost, when trying to apply an answer the page should time out. This is less ideal but at least there is no risk of the user losing progress.

Just my two cents. Have a great weekend!

Edit: I tried this on mobile (Android) and desktop (OSX) with identical results in both Chrome and Firefox.

2 Likes

That might be it! Thanks for letting me know :slight_smile:

This is an exceptionally good idea.

I just started the N3 grammar today, and I noticed that during review, the audio does not play. The same sentence does play when I’m on the grammar point’s page. Old audio (N4 sentences) worked without problems.

E.g.: for the grammar point べき, during review, it tried to load this file:
https://dk3kgylsgq3k1.cloudfront.net/audio/N3/Lesson 1/べき312/Asher Kidd - 税金を払うべきです。.mp3
(notice the 312 in the URL)
While on the grammar page, it’s this file instead:
https://dk3kgylsgq3k1.cloudfront.net/audio/N3/Lesson 1/べき/Asher Kidd - 税金を払うべきです。.mp3

Thanks!

2 Likes

@atticusd Thank you for drawing this to our attention. We think that we have a solution for this that we will try to implement as soon as possible. Cheers!

@hali_g Nice spot! I think that I cleaned up everything so that the audio should now be working as expected. Thanks again for your help. Cheers!

1 Like

Excellent stuff. Thanks!

Hey, I’m using the iOS app and for some reason it always shows me that I have one review even if I just completed my reviews. When I click on it, it only says “Loading Reviews” without doing anything. When I go to the web version there are no reviews shown as well. The one review started showing a few days ago (and still hasn’t disappeared) so maybe it’s a problem with a new update or something? Not a major problem, but not being able to see when the next reviews are due is sometimes a little annoying.

Also, I’m using macOS Mojave and changed my keyboard from the German keyboard layout to the romaji keyboard layout and now it lets me type in the answer field even after pressing enter (e.g. when I press ‘a’ in order to show the correct answer, it just adds あ to the back of my answer). Nothing serious at all (tbh I don’t even mind it) but I thought I’d let you know ^^;

Had some issues with this for a long time, pretty sure it’s either a bug or a lessons that’s going over my head!

1 Like

@oOMayOo Thank you for letting us know about the issue with the iOS app. We will see if we cannot figure out what might be the cause. Regarding Bunpro and Safari, the keyboard shortcuts have not played nicely with the way that Safari focuses the cursor. We have tried to find workarounds, but have not come up with a concrete solution. We will let you know if we come up with something. Cheers!

@NickQ Is it possible that this is a Self-Study question that you may have accidentally created? Cheers.

2 Likes

Thank you!!!

1 Like

Many Japanese learning web sites seem to have problems with Japanese input on macOS and iOS.

Tbh I would just not use Japanese input methods for bunpro or similar tools anyway, because they tend to learn the answers and then start suggesting them even when there’s a typo.

4 Likes

いかなるNも

~もしくは…

~ずじまい

this forum software says this is not a complete sentence without me writing this, stupid software

Search has been a bit funny for me lately:

It works fine in Chrome, it’s just Safari being weird. When I tried to get some details from the console, I couldn’t reproduce it anymore :thinking:

2 Likes

I just encountered a version of the -1 review bug: -1 +1
zeroreviews

How it happened: I added a few recently-learned grammar items to my reviews, and in the middle of doing them I encountered an item that I thought I must’ve added by mistake since it wasn’t one of the grammar points I’d just been reading up on. I removed it from the reviews without answering it, and then belatedly realized that it had been one of my regular reviews. Afterwards, I found the grammar point and re-added it to the reviews – but despite the “NEW +1” text, it didn’t put it back in the review queue immediately (looking in upcoming grammar, it’ll be in 2 days).

The “-1 +1” was persistent, even if I went to another page. Clicking on the reviews button did nothing, as there were zero available at the time. Once some reviews in my queue became available, the count shown was 1 less than it was supposed to be, but I was able to get the count back to normal by using the “finish” option in the middle of the review session. I didn’t test whether completing the reviews normally would fix it.

1 Like

For some reason the Fujix10 badge doesn’t seem to unlock properly? Or am I missing something?

1 Like

I’ve seen this happen a couple times now and with various grammar points.

Edit: Looks like I’m not alone, I see @Melanthe’s post. I’m using Chrome though.

4 Likes

I’ve found it very hard to reproduce. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t. That must be why I’ve not seen it on Chrome (it’s not my primary browser). There is also no predicting how often the results will be duplicated. I’ve seen double the results, but also quadruple and quintuple.

2 Likes

If you search for a grammar point, and then click the back button in your browser it’ll duplicate it (you can do this as many times until your browser gives up, probably). This happens every time when only one search result is returned. It is a bit more unpredictable when multiple search results are returned. If you search for すき and do the trick, none of the results for すき are duplicated, but when you search for something else those are duplicated. If you search for できる and do the trick, the results are duplicated, but when you search for すき again they are not duplicated.
Maybe there’s another cause for this, but at least this is how I consistently encounter it.

3 Likes