Feedback - Bug Reports

Hi there,
I am still struggling with the ghost reviews - or better to say without them as none appear under my account. What I have tried so far:

• updated my settings (turn off --> save --> turn on --> save)
  • did my reviews on desktop (Win10/Chrome) and on mobile (Android/Chrome, Android/Bunpro app, iPhone/Safari)

Ghosts are nowhere to be seen…I feel lonely without them, some haunting howls would be quite nice :disappointed:

2 Likes

The programming team is on it, so I can’t help you much. :flushed:

But I think there is one more thing you can try doing, basically - reset the ghost reviews (and then turn off and on in settings).

Click on your profile picture on the main site, in the dropdown menu choose “profile” and then select “RESET” tab.
Choose reviews to reset, select “Ghost reviews” from the dropdown menu. Then red button.

Then standard turn off and turn on ghost reviews in settings and test.

Sorry for the inconvenience :bowing_man:

3 Likes

@Kai

Done! Let us know if you come across one that we missed.

Bunpro now requires you to include の for the majority of these review questions and flags your answer, rather than marking your incorrect, if you do not include it . Cheers!

P.S. I can’t :heart: your edits!

2 Likes

Is this not the “hearsay そう?”

This is a review from the とか grammar point that still only has 3 sentences to it. I don’t think these reviews should accept そうだ・そうです here, but they should at least throw a warning to tell the user to try something else IMO.

2 Likes

Hey, the calling ceremony is completed and I have a company now! !
Thank you :bowing_woman:

3 Likes

:grin::+1:

You may want to confirm this with a native speaker (particularly whoever provides the voice audio), but I don’t think 先生 is appropriate in this context. 先生 is an honorific title sort of like “Dr.” is in English; for a more matter-of-fact way of saying “I want to be a teacher,” I think an alternative like 教師 (or possibly 教員) might be more suitable for the situation.

It looks like this sentence is missing a でした at the end (and possibly a hint indicating past tense, since that’s not something you could guess if you’re trying to do the review without the English translation displayed).

2 Likes

@Kai

I have changed https://bunpro.jp/grammar_points/339 a bit.
How do you like the new version?

2 Likes

I think that definitely looks better!

At the risk of over-cluttering the page, you might even add “only used for quoting indirect sources” somewhere on there. With that explanation, I think it becomes pretty clear that we’re combining the quotational とwith the… question/uncertainty marker か here.

Also, the link to the first reading on that grammar point is broken :frowning:

Would it be possible to write a script that runs daily (or every few hours) to check on the status of the linked webpages? Something like that would help you catch broken links before users do, and if you see any patterns, it might be a good indication to avoid certain sources if they’re more prone to downtime than others.

Edit: んだって can also be used to quote indirect sources, so I changed the suggestion to: “only used for quoting indirect sources” to more accurately convey that it shouldn’t be used to quote something verbatim/directly.

2 Likes

I refer to myself as 英語の先生 and I hear other people say 高校の先生, when referring to me all the time… And though, you’re right 教師・教員 is a bit more formal/proper, that doesn’t mean 先生 isn’t appropriate.

Especially when the other alternatives are using cutesie terms like ケーキ屋さん…

3 Likes

Thanks for the confirmation :+1:

1 Like

At the risk of over-cluttering the page, you might even add “only used for quoting indirect sources” somewhere on there. With that explanation, I think it becomes pretty clear that we’re combining the quotational とwith the… question/uncertainty marker か here.

Added short explanation:
“[A particle used to present quote in an indefinite manner, where と is quotation particle and か is question particle which adds uncertainty.]”

Also, the link to the first reading on that grammar point is broken :frowning:

Fixed!

Also, そうだ and ということだ are now also accepted (though not in every sentence) answers.

Would it be possible to write a script that runs daily (or every few hours) to check on the status of the linked webpages? Something like that would help you catch broken links before users do, and if you see any patterns, it might be a good indication to avoid certain sources if they’re more prone to downtime than others.

I will pass the idea :+1:

2 Likes

Is that not a normal way to say that? What would be the non-cutesy way of saying it?

@seanblue @Kai @lopicake

先生 is a general noun used for the person who teaches something to someone (among others) . For example, when I learned how to cook bolognese from my mom, she was a 先生 to me.

教師 is an occupation name, like as a lawyer, programmer, magical girl, firefighter etc.

3 Likes

I was really more curious about the ケーキ屋さん part.

It’s a widely used name for a clerk in a shop that sells cakes.

2 Likes

Gotcha. So not really cutesy then.

1 Like

I no longer have any UI to play audio in my studies/reviews. I’ve checked both on Chrome Version 73.0.3683.86 on Windows 10, and on my Android phone. I wondered if I’d disabled it, but I can’t seem to find an option to do that. Am I missing something?

Of course, since I just posted this, the next study point had audio playback UI for every example. So… fixed, I guess!

1 Like

@Etheldreda Thank you for your feedback. きらい is one of the 18 new grammar points that we just added and does not yet have audio available. We hope to have it up and running soon. Cheers!

2 Likes